Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2022, 07:59 PM   #1
Boondocker

Motorhome Woodstove Installations

We do quite a bit of off-season boondocking in our 2015 Minnie Winnie 31K and I'm thinking a woodstove would be a good mod. Beyond electric plug-in sites, when it gets really cold in Ontario 75 lbs of propane can disappear in a few days! I've seen mini woodstoves in schoolies, Airstreams and tiny houses, and there are marine stoves like the Dickinson Newport solid fuel stove that seem like good choices.

The Newport is designed for bulkhead mounting and I have a convenient wall space in mind, so beyond shielding and an appropriate venting/chimney arrangement, the only thing left is to identify where all the junk lives in the roof. I'm pretty sure I can avoid wiring and AC venting, but the roof framing is something I really don't want to mess with. I haven't checked with Winnebago yet, but presumably they can help me with roof framing details.

In the meantime, I thought I would ask if anyone has installed a woodstove in a Class C motorhome(?) How did it work out for you?

http://dickinsonmarine.com/product_c...d-fuel-heater/
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, motorhome