Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just found our Journey 34H furnace filter

DH was busy changing the radiator surge tank in our Journey 34H today and was searching for an easy access to the tanks side mounting bolts when we stumbled upon this cover on the passenger side of our bed next to the night stand and low and behold there was a furnace filter that time had completely forgot!!

Yucky!! 9 years of dirt n dust... She's all fresh now with a new filter installed. Just a little reminder for 34h Journey/Meridian owners...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter1.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	39514   Click image for larger version

Name:	New clean filter.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	39515  

Camping Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Now I am wondering if mine has a filter .
Excell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

That filter is for the " residential " type ac. I had a filter under the bed in my Winn.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Looks like you put a pleated paper type filter in to replace the old one. We were told to use the "cheap" woven fiberglass type. They allow better air flow from the heat pump/air conditioner. You just have to change the filter more often.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey
indiana journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana journey View Post
Looks like you put a pleated paper type filter in to replace the old one. We were told to use the "cheap" woven fiberglass type. They allow better air flow from the heat pump/air conditioner. You just have to change the filter more often.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey
I use Filtrette's best allergen filter because I have severe, chronic asthma. The Winnebago dealer said it would be OK, just to change it more often. I plan to change it monthly when we are using the MH. It cannot have more restriction than the filthy, plugged up thing I threw away.
That "cheap woven fiberglass type" will allow the evaporation coil to plug up with dirt faster. On the Yahoo Winnebago group site, several have complained about the evaporator coil being coated/plugged with dirt.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The good news is we actually found that filter and can now place it on the PM list!! Nice find...
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2001 Itasca Suncrusiser with basement air and I have a vertical filter on the left inside side of the bed box as you are looking front to rear, is this the only one missing or is there one that I might be missing?
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Camping Nut,

We bought our Meridian used and the owners manual showed a vertical filter inside the bed frame. Ours is just like yours. (horizontal) The parts catalog listed both of the horizontal and the vertical with one being a mid-model change for my year and engine.

When I finally found access to the filter the first time it literally had a winters blanket's worth of crud. We used the a/c last week and it does move a bunch of air so I don't know if the prior owner never changed it or it sucked a lot of dirt since it was last changed before we bought it.

It is on my list of maintenance items.
LPD218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yep! we just bought our shorter sister ship to your Itasca on Jan 31st and have gone camping 2 to 3 times a month ever since.

Our furnace filter looked like a chocolate sheet cake someone had simply forgot about a long time ago! My dear hubby was looking for access to the two bolts holding the radiator surge tank down when we discovered this filter which is now on my inside PM check list. He's got most of the outside PM check list done already.

Happy & safe camping,
Camping Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
TAN
Winnebago Owner

I wonder if ours has a filter??
Old 06-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAN View Post
I wonder if ours has a filter??
Hi TAN, I believe yours has roof A/C, correct? Your manual should say this:

Quote:
The washable foam filter should be checked
monthly for dirt build-up and cleaned or
replaced as needed. It is located in the ceiling
mounted return AC grille in the lounge area.
The filters mentioned in this thread are for basement A/C coaches.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, journey