Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

1. Unplug shore power. OK did that, that is when I noticed no power.

2. If your house batteries are disconnected, then the test buttons on the panel will not light any of the "levels" LEDs. Correct, I did not have levels
LEDS
3. Switch Aux battery to the other position, and the appropriate level-lights will illuminate. I thought that I had checked that, pushing the button back and forth, but my dw says I am getting forgetful and may not have.

4. Switch Aux battery off so the levels indicators do not light; correct

5. Plug in shore power, and the lights should work as if the aux battery was turned to "on" position. They do

Jim:
Where are we now ?
Step 4.5, Switch the battery auxiliary to on, Do you have power now ? If not, you still need to find the relay that is controlled by that switch. Do you hear a click ?

tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Stan,

Thanks for the walk through. Perhaps the individual who helped me hit the switch before disconnecting the solar panel, but not certain. Since I was cleaning up the tools I did not see him disconnect the panel, so I may wait until I seek out where the solar panel conection is. I store my unit in a pole barn structure connected to shore power, so I may not rush to reconnect it. Thanks again for all the help.
Parkman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

tompen,
Yes I have power now. When the individual who came over to help out said it was the solar panel and he finished disconnecting, I had power. But as others have pointed out, the solar panel may have been working properly. I went through the steps Stan gave me, I hear a click when pushing the switch and have power. I thought for certain that I had checked the aux switch after recleaning the batteriesbut after seeing that as a cause in a different post, but perhaps not. I have not found the size of the solar panel in any paperwork, but it is small and only handles the trickle charge to the batteries as Stan confirmed. Will chase that down after my trip. Thank you and all the others that responded for your gracious help, I am still learning from all the information you folks share on this forum.
Now if anyone can share how to jump start this old brain so I remember if I flipped a switch or not.......
Old 06-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

That makes a lot more sense.
Glad that was it.
Enjoy
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkman Jim View Post
I have not found the size of the solar panel in any paperwork
All Winnebagos came with a standard 15 watt solar panel.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkman Jim View Post
I did not see him disconnect the panel, so I may wait until I seek out where the solar panel conection is.
If he was working under the dash, I would presume he merely pulled the solar panel fuse.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info on the solar panel, did not have the paperwork on it. I did check under the dash and he did just pop the fuse out. Will try another fuse to see if the solar panel was the cause or operator error on aux switch. Thanks for all the help. Good to get info from someone with the same unit and like this forum for all the good info. Do not post much as I am in the learning phase and better to listen/read from the experienced members. Thanks

Jim

Tags
battery, power