Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2003 Brave TV Replacement

Hi There!

First post!
Was able to remove plastic housing and old TV
HELP!
So many wires back there!!

All I need to do is plug the new TV into elec outlet, connect to cable and plug speakers into back, RIGHT?

Still working on installing the mount ...

Any tips welcome!

~ Nancy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV TV2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	174017  
Attached Images

nownzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Tell me those didn't all come off the TV!
I think I see lots of loose ends, so what is the plan for the wires? Do you have the wire ID'd enough to get what you want done? There looks like good wire info on that year of Brave, so if interested I could point you to some drawings if wanted but would help to know which model of @003 Brave as there are a number of different length, with different features. Looks like there is a set of wires to a TV speaker amp which might be something to use??
Basic start to drawings here:
Wiring Diagrams
Year, model and exact one and then probably the "front end wiring" might be a place to look?
Good luck, looks like a project!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I looked up diagrams and found best info under TV/VCR wiring. Looks like only three things are needed to connect.
All those other wires were just sitting up in there! I think someone removed the inverter, cause we don't have one even though manual refers to it.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good enough! Sounds like you have a better plan than many.
Keep pushing it forward?
Old 06-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #5
2004 Itasca Sunrise

I think your MH may be the same floorpan as our '04 Itasca Sunrise. If that's the case, the inverter (if you have one) will be in the cabinet just to the right of the TV behind the panel on the upper shelf. Oddly enough, the only outlet it supplies is located in the cabinet to the LEFT of the TV on the right side of the bottom shelf and is only designed to supply power to the front entertainment system. Ours was toast when we got our MH so I replaced it with a 300 watt Pure Sine Wave inverter.
AveryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Before going further with mounting the TV, might be a good time to think if you would want to add an inverter, if they took it out. Depends on how much you value Tv watching and if it is important enough in your way of camping to want to use battery power to make AC to power the TV when you are not plugged into shore power or running generator. Some really want that while others feel it not needed at all but it does look like the inverter wiring is in that bundle hanging down so might want to think about it before, not after you get the TV hung!
Get that big dog hung, you might want to never do it again.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #7
2004 Itasca Sunrise

I also replaced the old analog SONY TV with a 32" Vizio. I was able to fabricate a panel to cover the bottom which we covered with marine vinyl material to match the color of the existing upholstery.

FWIW, I never could get the coach speakers to work properly with the TV and they never seemed to "synch" correctly and had an extreme echo. I'm not savvy enough about electronics to know why it didn't work, only that it didn't. My electrical engineer S-I-L said it had something to do with requiring some sort of a driver or amplifier but most of what he said was well over my head. At any rate, we only have the TV speakers for now which doesn't sound particularly good but it's adequate for us.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:46 PM   #8
2004 Itasca Sunrise

I tried to get a couple of pictures. The first one is the vinyl covered panel at the bottom, the second is a panel that has the tilt mount for the TV and the third is the finished project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	174024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0397.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	174025  

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	174026  
Old 06-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for responses! We got it in and are now thinking of what to do with the rear TV. Anybody figure out how to remove that one?

Tags
ace, brave, replace, replacement