Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile 12V refrigerator electrical hook-up

I have a propane/110 Norcold 611 fridge in our 2017 Minnie Winnie 31K.

I purchased a Norcold 10 cubic foot 12V only fridge and am not exactly sure where to hook up the new electric wire (10 ga) I will be running from the fridge. I have read some info on connecting directly to the house battery(s) with a inline fuse.

I would like to hook up to the existing fuse panel but there a no empty spots and the current fridge has a smaller fuse/wiring and is connected to another device (will have to verify once I get home which one).

If I connect to the house batteries only, would the fridge continue to run while on shore power (I believe it will, sorry if that is a stupid question)?

We are wanting to keep our food somewhat cold while we travel (normally under 6 hours before we plug back in to shore power).

Any advice from those who have done this or understand the electrical system better than me would be greatly appreciated,.
rtwright68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, refrigerator