Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2023, 12:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Washing/polishing oxidation removal

Before I start i kniw the best practice is compounds and buffing for oxidation removal, done it and took forever on a boat, but has anyone had any luck using a wash soap maybe something special for oxidation removal? I use a foam cannon for washing so anything i can spray scrub and rinse to help would be awesome.
MarioDC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I wrestled with oxidation on the back or ours for quite a while, tried a lot of stuff that just didn’t work to my satisfaction. The rear of our coach gets the afternoon sun and was pretty bad. I tried Poly Glow on a small section and was not happy with the finish. Had to strip it off. I got a DA buffer and tried a 3M product that just didn't do well either. I finally found a three step process from Meguiar’s that worked very well. Took some effort but gave a satisfactory result using a medium, fine, then ultra fine pad.. If there is an easier way to do it I didn't have much luck finding it.

Some before and after…
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 06:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks man i believe i just was looking at the same meguiars 3 step. I also ordered a meguiars "heavy duty scrub" designed to removr oxidation you apply to a brush after rinsing and scrub ill keep posted how that does
Old 09-20-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Meguires Heavy-Oxidation scrub. You will need to apply a surface protection afterwards.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 07:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Awesoem! Thanks man! Glad to hear thats exactly what i bought
Old 09-28-2023, 12:29 AM   #6
1996 Itasca 29Q

I used a product called Regex after the oxidization removal, so far so good! The bugs are easy to wash off now.
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 09:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I just finished a laborious process of de-oxidizing my 2004 29B with the Meguires 3 step restoration kit. The de-oxidizer step works fantastic, but didn’t find much help from the polish step. Of course applied the final wax coat at the end. The coach looks great and has a nice shine to it.
It was a ton of work and a lot of hand work for the tight spots where the DA would not fit or get to. Happy with the results and hoping to find a spray wax that I can apply to keep the shine without the hours of DA work!
keithd311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal