Originally Posted by whitetop
Hello to all we are looking at this coach it is in really good cond. inside and out it has 79000 miles on it seemsto have all options offered at time of sale asking $55000 can anyone please help me out with any experience with a coach era and any maintance issues thank you in advance for any help
I have an 04 Journey 34H, Cat 330 with 55,000 miles on it. Here are some things you might look for in a used coach like this one:
1. have freightliner decode the warning messages if any in the "info" computer
2. are batteries and tires more than 5yrs old, these could need replacement
3. were the valve adjusted on time (50,000 maintenance, I believe)
4. do the gray and black water sensors still indicate accurately
5. check fan pulley bearing to see if it is worn
6. does the heat pump still heat and cool, can you hear a worn bearing when it starts up and runs?
7. do the tires have uneven wear?
8. have the front and rear grills, front cap and end cap, or fog lights come unglued or nearly so
9. does the J joint of the roof into the side walls look good or are some places unglued?
10. check the white nylon glides surround the slide beams still in good shape or need repair?
11. If you have a sharp convection microwave does it power off after 90 sec?
12. If you have built in 2way radios, do they still charge correctly?
13. do weatherproof seals on the roof still look good?
14. if you have a norcold refrigerator that was under recall, was the recall maintenance done?
15. how are front shocks? bouncing?
16. how many generator hours? has maintenance been performed?
17. black tank odors?
18. radiator clean with uniform air flow or covered with oily film?
19. carbon monoxide detector and fire extinguisher replaced?
20. oil change and other maintenance records available?
well, this is not a complete list but these are things that we (or others on this forum) had to deal with
hope this helps,
jim & debbie, 04 Journey, 34H