Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sound Bar for External TV

Again, give you all a try, vs me trying to reinvent the wheel. My sound is very weak off the outside TV and no output is available. Has anyone found a sound bar that fits in the small space below the TV?

I noticed, the newer ones now have a sound bar and external radio, back to basics.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #2
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Driver View Post
Again, give you all a try, vs me trying to reinvent the wheel. My sound is very weak off the outside TV and no output is available. Has anyone found a sound bar that fits in the small space below the TV?

I noticed, the newer ones now have a sound bar and external radio, back to basics.
There are quite a few speaker systems for around $50-$100 that work amazingly well, complete with SubWoofer. They typically use the earphone jack on a TV, if your TV has an earphone jack. Some come with adapters for RCA-OUT jacks too. However the space issue is key. You may have to locate the Sub in your basement, while the smaller speakers can be around the the TV compartment. Just search Amazon for "computer speakers" and you'll find hundreds of them in all kinds of shapes and sizes, like this setup.

Also, consider wireless bluetooth headphones for outdoor use. You won't bother your camping neighbors that way.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Subscribed. Same issue (albeit I do have sound outputs from the TV).
Old 11-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have a BOSE system here in the house.

For your application I think the BOSE Solo 5 would come close to fitting in the slot, if there is enough space beneath the bottom of the TV and he frame enclosure. It is 21 inches long or there about. You don't need a sub woofer but they do have wireless sub woofers.

However, thinking outside the box. With any sound bar you could make a Z bracket, foam backed, and just let it hang from the opening when you are using it. When finished, stuff it in the bay.

There are other Mfg sound bars that are much smaller but I'm not sure of the quality.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
There are quite a few speaker systems for around $50-$100 that work amazingly well, complete with SubWoofer. They typically use the earphone jack on a TV, if your TV has an earphone jack.

Also, consider wireless bluetooth headphones for outdoor use. You won't bother your camping neighbors that way.
I second that..almost goes along with wind chimes!..
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #6
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Costco has a SB 108 Yamaha Sound Bar for $149.00, Sometimes it's $129.00. Buit in Small base, HOWEVER it really does a nice job, sounds good to me and my wife. I think it's 34" long. Go listen to it, you'll be surprised.
Joshua 24:15
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Looks like I found a solution.

Samsung Model: HW-N400/ZA, bought at Best Buy sale of $109. It is 26" wide, 4" deep. I will need to remove the lower part of the L Bracket that is part of the TV Mount. I will also reposition the IR receptor stuck to the bottom of the TV, move it to the side.

To test, I ran the HDMI that went into the TV to the soundbar, then ran another HDMI cable to the TV. This soundbar has HDMI input and output. TV sound is great and all Infotainment sound available, without turning the TV on.

I am hitting the road for a week, and will mod next weekend. I will post pics.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
There are quite a few speaker systems for around $50-$100 that work amazingly well, complete with SubWoofer. They typically use the earphone jack on a TV, if your TV has an earphone jack. Some come with adapters for RCA-OUT jacks too. However the space issue is key. You may have to locate the Sub in your basement, while the smaller speakers can be around the the TV compartment. Just search Amazon for "computer speakers" and you'll find hundreds of them in all kinds of shapes and sizes, like this setup.

Yes.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I bought an LG system from Wal-Mart and fits nicely inside and can close the door with no problem. It also makes a great blue tooth speaker when you need music. It was also very inexpensive. If anyone wants the model just ask away.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Darn! Saw this system in Costco and thought of you but could not remember where the thread was. Anyhow, for any future modifications for others here is the information.
This is a Bose Sound Link Mini II. That is my hand in front of it. Small enough system to put anywhere. Sound was fantastic. (Not cheap!$$$)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7606.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	170630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7607.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	170631  

Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

For the most part I don't enjoy hearing my neighbors' TV and music so another vote for headphones.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote