Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
37F problems

Hello all, wondering if anyone knows where the master switch is to turn on the cargo bay lights. told by dealer that there is a master as each of the lights in the lower bays do not work. Can't find it on the dash in drivers area.
Also, while going through the unit, Zone 2 (bedroom, rear bath) tried to turn on electric heat and get AC. Zone 1 works fine and some of the heat from Zone 1 came out of outlets in Zone 2 area when Zone 2 was off. Is this normal?
Anyone know where to get a reading on Generator hours?
Thanks
Ray
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Master
 
grtharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skiatook, OK
Posts: 1,408
raycyn778 for your 2014 37F, the cargo bay light switch in the step well by the battery disconnect switches. It called compartment lights.
For electric heat set the system to heat then set zone 1 and zone 2 to electric heat and adjust each zone temperature set point. If the set point is over 5 degs about the temperature the gas furnace will come on.
Yes you will get some air flow from the front to the rear and rear to front.
FYI gas heat only works from zone 1 on the thermostat.
The generator hours are displayed in the Generator Auto Start panel.
__________________
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise
 
Kazoo Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 370
You didn't mention what year your 37F is, could make a difference in the location of the items you are looking for.

Generally speaking you will find he master switch for the bay lights in a group of switches along side the entry stairs. You will also find the battery disconnect switch there and a few others depending on the options on your coach.
__________________
Tom and Barb
'07 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Workhorse W22 chassis FMCA 219315
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise
 
rream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post
You didn't mention what year your 37F is, could make a difference in the location of the items you are looking for.

Generally speaking you will find he master switch for the bay lights in a group of switches along side the entry stairs. You will also find the battery disconnect switch there and a few others depending on the options on your coach.
Note each switch in each bay must be switched on even though the master switch is on
__________________
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
277 Campgrounds, 1350 nights camping since 2009 and 61 K Winnebago miles
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise
 
SuperGewl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 477
Fill out your signature so that others can be of better service.
__________________
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
2014 37f

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
raycyn778 for your 2014 37F, the cargo bay light switch in the step well by the battery disconnect switches. It called compartment lights.
For electric heat set the system to heat then set zone 1 and zone 2 to electric heat and adjust each zone temperature set point. If the set point is over 5 degs about the temperature the gas furnace will come on.
Yes you will get some air flow from the front to the rear and rear to front.
FYI gas heat only works from zone 1 on the thermostat.
The generator hours are displayed in the Generator Auto Start panel.
Hello and thanks, found the switches in step bay..feeling a little foolish right now! they only seem to work when the coach batteries are on, even though I am plugged in. Is that normal operation?
I am getting heat from Zone one but only get cold air in Zone 2 with the heat mode on....strange...suggestions??
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Fill out your signature so that others can be of better service.
How and where do I do that??
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Found the hour meter for generator..Thanks.. love exploring new things!!!!
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Hello and thanks, found the switches in step bay..feeling a little foolish right now! they only seem to work when the coach batteries are on, even though I am plugged in. Is that normal operation?
I am getting heat from Zone one but only get cold air in Zone 2 with the heat mode on....strange...suggestions??
So the reason I could not get heat from Zone 2 is due to the 5+ degrees difference between set point and actual temp?? Does the gas heat shut off when the 5 degree difference is met and changes to electric??
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise
 
edgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post

Hello and thanks, found the switches in step bay..feeling a little foolish right now! they only seem to work when the coach batteries are on, even though I am plugged in. Is that normal operation?
I am getting heat from Zone one but only get cold air in Zone 2 with the heat mode on....strange...suggestions??
IMO, the only time you should have your coach batteries switched off is when the coach is in storage. I'm not sure, but they may not even be getting charged from the converter while you are plugged in to shore power if the disconnect is off.
__________________
2016 EC Aspire 42RBQ / 2014 CR-V
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise
 
Kazoo Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Hello and thanks, found the switches in step bay..feeling a little foolish right now! they only seem to work when the coach batteries are on, even though I am plugged in. Is that normal operation?
I am getting heat from Zone one but only get cold air in Zone 2 with the heat mode on....strange...suggestions??
The switches are working correctly with the batteries turned on. They are part of the 12 volt system and require the batteries on to operate, even when plugged in. The batteries also need to be turned on to accept a charge when plugged in.

No need to feel foolish, we all started out the same way!
__________________
Tom and Barb
'07 Winnebago Voyage 35L
Workhorse W22 chassis FMCA 219315
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper
 
khogle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UTAH
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
So the reason I could not get heat from Zone 2 is due to the 5+ degrees difference between set point and actual temp?? Does the gas heat shut off when the 5 degree difference is met and changes to electric??
As GRTHarris said: zone 2 on propane furnace heat does nothing on 37F. Only zone 1 controls the propane furnace.

Heat pump is another issue.
khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Master
 
grtharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skiatook, OK
Posts: 1,408
raycyn778, lets make sure we are on the same page. When we say electric heat we are referring to the heat that comes from the heat pumps on the roof and is discharged through the ceiling vents. There is are two units one front (zone 1) and one in the rear (zone 2). Gas heat comes from the gas furnace (there is only one) through the vents in the floor.
The heat pumps will only start producing heat when the outside temp is above around 40 degs.
Now the thermostat. The system button is used to select Heat, Cooling or Off for both zones. When heat is selected with the system button the mode button is used to select Gas, Electric or Off for each zone. Zone 1 can control total gas heat or zone 1 electric heat, Zone 2 will only control zone 2 electric heat and has no effect on gas heat.
When cooling is selected with the system button each zone does all of the control for that zone.
Hope this helps, I have only used the heater and had a short leaning curve with 4 inches of snow on the roof the first night.
__________________
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper
 
WineLuvrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Treasure Coast, FL
Posts: 28
The biggest surprise for us was learning the heat pumps don't work below 43ish as there is no heat to extract and pump. A decent small electric heater found at the WM was the best thing for those cold nights.
That or simply return to our stick house in FL.
__________________
2014 Winni Adventurer 37F
2013 Honda CRX - Falcon II tow bar
2 gen 1 Segway XTs, 2 Golf Trollies
WineLuvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
raycyn778, lets make sure we are on the same page. When we say electric heat we are referring to the heat that comes from the heat pumps on the roof and is discharged through the ceiling vents. There is are two units one front (zone 1) and one in the rear (zone 2). Gas heat comes from the gas furnace (there is only one) through the vents in the floor.
The heat pumps will only start producing heat when the outside temp is above around 40 degs.
Now the thermostat. The system button is used to select Heat, Cooling or Off for both zones. When heat is selected with the system button the mode button is used to select Gas, Electric or Off for each zone. Zone 1 can control total gas heat or zone 1 electric heat, Zone 2 will only control zone 2 electric heat and has no effect on gas heat.
When cooling is selected with the system button each zone does all of the control for that zone.
Hope this helps, I have only used the heater and had a short leaning curve with 4 inches of snow on the roof the first night.
Great explanation, thanks..just to clarify one other thing. You mentioned in an earlier message that there is a 5 degree variance where the gas heat will go on before the heat pumps. is that a 5 degree difference between the actual coach temp and the thermostat set point? If so, does that mean that the heat pump automatically stops and the heat pumps start when the temp in the coach is within the 5 degree difference? the reason I ask is that I could not get any heat from Zone 2 when I asked for electric heat. I only got very cold air that seemed to be the A/C and I thought at the time that I must have a defective zone 2 heat pump but I was getting heat from floor vents and from front ceiling vents, only cold from rear ceiling vents... there was a variance of a lot more than 5 degrees..... Am I explaining this correctly?
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #16
Winnebago Master
 
grtharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skiatook, OK
Posts: 1,408
raycyn778, for zone 1 if electric heat is selected and the set point is more that 5 degs warmer that the actual coach temperature the gas heat will come on along with the heat pump. The gas furnace will remain on with the heat pump until set point is reached. The heat pump will try to maintain set point unless the actual coach temperature drops 5 degs below set point then the gas furnace will come on. Also it is my understanding that if set point is not reached within 20 minutes the gas furnace will also come on.
Zone 2, it is my understanding that zone 2 will not call for gas heat. Our coach is not at the house right now so I cannot double check this. If you are still getting cold air after 15 minutes and the outside temp is above 40 degs there could be a problem.
__________________
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
Winnebago Master
 
grtharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Skiatook, OK
Posts: 1,408
raycyn778, Disregard the 20 minute time out on the heat pump that is for the gas furnace to go to high heat. Now if the heat pump cannot maintain the temperature set point and the gas furnace comes on for 3 cycles the heat pump is locked out for 2 hours and the gas furnace becomes the primary heat source.
__________________
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,079
To further confuse things even though zone 2 on the thermostat will not control the gas furnace the thermostat does allow you to select gas heat. Our experience has been that when gas heat has been selected at the thermostat for zone 2 the system monitors the temperature sensor in the bedroom. Even though the temperature has come up to the set point in zone 1 the furnace will continue to run until the sensor in zone 2 (bedroom) has been satisfied.

As for the cool air blowing through the ceiling vents when electric heat is selected, the fan starts before the compressor switches to the heat pump mode. If the outdoor temperature is too low for the heat pump to operate the fan continues to run for several minutes.
__________________
Hikerdogs
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Grant and Hikerdogs, thanks for the info. going out this weekend for a 2 day shakedown and will put your info to good use. Still concerned about zone 2 and the cold air coming out of the ceiling vents. I left the system on for a while and no change to temp.
Front ceiling vents were discharging warm air
floor vents discharging warm air BUT
rear ceiling vents discharging cold air...
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
solved heat pump mystery

Just got my unit back from dealer who found that rear A/C unit was not heat pump capable. Turns out after dealer sent in serial number to Winnwbago, the number matched an A/C unit supposedly out in their warehouse! They installed the wrong unit at the factory and somehow an incorrect serial number was assigned to my Adventurer. They shipped in a new A/C unit and the dealer installed. Works fine now. Still trying to understand how the hell that could happen??!!
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
37F cable problems raycyn778 Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 22 05-25-2014 08:28 AM
37F Floor plan Bodark Winnebago General Discussions 7 05-01-2013 05:45 PM
Itasca Suncruiser 37F Questions doublehooked Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 8 09-15-2012 07:57 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×