Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson
Posts: 241
Slide tearing carpet

I have a 2004 Adventurer, 33V, W-20 chassis, and the main slide (including the dinette, and couch), has began to catch and tear the carpet as it raises up and begins to retract. Has anyone any experience/information as to how to adjust the "floor match" height?. Thanks...rgr...j
__________________
2004 Winnebago 33V, WH
2010 Honda CRV
Jim, Lynda, and our 6/2010 model Weimaraner, Quincy, aka Q Man
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing
 
DriVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrstndgby View Post
I have a 2004 Adventurer, 33V, W-20 chassis, and the main slide (including the dinette, and couch), has began to catch and tear the carpet as it raises up and begins to retract. Has anyone any experience/information as to how to adjust the "floor match" height?. Thanks...rgr...j
rgrstndgby, How are you doing? Not a task that I would tackle on my own but if you have an HWH system, they can do it in Moscow, IA or a dealers should be able to adjust your slideout. I'm wondering if something isn't broken as well. We have a 2003 Adventurer and knock on wood still working!
__________________
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
rgrstndgby, How are you doing? Not a task that I would tackle on my own but if you have an HWH system, they can do it in Moscow, IA or a dealers should be able to adjust your slideout. I'm wondering if something isn't broken as well. We have a 2003 Adventurer and knock on wood still working!

Hi Mike, I'm doing well, hope you and yours are too. On your advice, I'll not mess with this thing, and seek out someone who knows what they are doing.. Thanks for the quick reply...rgr...
__________________
2004 Winnebago 33V, WH
2010 Honda CRV
Jim, Lynda, and our 6/2010 model Weimaraner, Quincy, aka Q Man
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Rgrstndgby, I’d like to benefit from your timely post.

I have to replace a caret in 2002 Ultimate Advantage with hardwood floor and would love to “mess with this thing”. However there is not enough clearance under the slide. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you!
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Master
 
DAN L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshka View Post
Rgrstndgby, I’d like to benefit from your timely post.

I have to replace a caret in 2002 Ultimate Advantage with hardwood floor and would love to “mess with this thing”. However there is not enough clearance under the slide. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you!
i replaced my carpet with allure composite flooring from home depot before christmas. check this forum, search function, for my post with pictures. imho hardwood flooring would have been too thick for my moho.
__________________
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
i replaced my carpet with allure composite flooring from home depot before christmas. check this forum, search function, for my post with pictures. imho hardwood flooring would have been too thick for my moho.

Well "Wifey" is wondering is this is the time to replace the carpet in that area with vinyl tile to match the tile that is elsewhere in the coach. I'll read your posts regarding your conversion. I have about 12 tiles I requested when I bought the coach, I would need about 20 more. I'll give Lichtsinn a call... thanks...rgr...
__________________
2004 Winnebago 33V, WH
2010 Honda CRV
Jim, Lynda, and our 6/2010 model Weimaraner, Quincy, aka Q Man
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
i replaced my carpet with allure composite flooring from home depot before christmas. check this forum, search function, for my post with pictures. imho hardwood flooring would have been too thick for my moho.
I found your thread. Great floor, Dan.

However I've already purchased 1/4" floating hardwood floors + 1/4" heating pad that goes under. And since I'm new to RV.. or simply dumb I completely forgot about the slides.


Besides I have the same problem as Rgrstndgby. The slide catches and almost tears the carpet. So I have to adjust the slid a bit..
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Rgrstndgby,
may I ask what is "rgr"?
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson
Posts: 241
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshka View Post
Rgrstndgby,
may I ask what is "rgr"?

Leshka, been asked that before, Driver I think. Actually is a contraction of the words " Roger, standing by", a "left over" from my days of flying "Airborne Magnatometer work for a Geophysical Exploration Company.. Como between me and the tech in the rear of the A/C, often resulted in the phrase mentioned above, soon all run together, thus Rogerstandingby, rgr on here.. ...rgr...
__________________
2004 Winnebago 33V, WH
2010 Honda CRV
Jim, Lynda, and our 6/2010 model Weimaraner, Quincy, aka Q Man
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
makes sense to me now... thanks and... rgr
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper
 
Mortgagehomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrstndgby View Post
I have a 2004 Adventurer, 33V, W-20 chassis, and the main slide (including the dinette, and couch), has began to catch and tear the carpet as it raises up and begins to retract. Has anyone any experience/information as to how to adjust the "floor match" height?. Thanks...rgr...j
I had this issue exactly. Climb under the coach when the slide is in the out position, Where the slide carpet rolls underneath the slide floor there is a bar that holds the carpet in place with screws the full length of the slide. In our unit the screws had backed out and the bar was catching on the carpet whenever we pulled the slide back in. It will start to twist the bar and become much worse over a short period of time. The local dealer drilled extra holes and put in more screws pulling the bar flat again. So far no issues after that but the carpet got torn just behind the drivers seat and we are in the process of replacing with stock tile. I have the model number for the Taupe tile if anyone needs it. It is much cheaper to buy from a floor dealer than from winnie.
__________________
Chuck

04 Winnebago 33v
Mortgagehomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tucson
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgagehomes View Post
I had this issue exactly. Climb under the coach when the slide is in the out position, Where the slide carpet rolls underneath the slide floor there is a bar that holds the carpet in place with screws the full length of the slide. In our unit the screws had backed out and the bar was catching on the carpet whenever we pulled the slide back in. It will start to twist the bar and become much worse over a short period of time. The local dealer drilled extra holes and put in more screws pulling the bar flat again. So far no issues after that but the carpet got torn just behind the drivers seat and we are in the process of replacing with stock tile. I have the model number for the Taupe tile if anyone needs it. It is much cheaper to buy from a floor dealer than from winnie.

First, an appology. One of my pet peeves is a poster that asks for help, then disappears without acknowlegement of those who tried to help, and now "I have been that guy"... so my apologies to all who had offered help.

Rotator Cuff surgery scheduled for this month, was moved up a few weeks, and left me unable to crawl under the coach for a "look see", but now thats done, and I've been under there, and I see the strip Chuck described, and mine is ok, ( just no carpet under that section) so too, is the stainless "ramp" that lifts the slide. The Winnie tech said "there are NO vertical adjustments, the two adjusters that are visible toward the outside are for slide to body fit, and trim alignment only". It looks like in my case, that something got under the slide, started a tear, which magnified as more carpet got involved. The shop that will repair this for me thinks that they can simply straighten the carpet, steam it flat again, and reattach it under "Chucks Strip", from which it is now torn. Btw, if you are contemplating repacing the carpet with something else, I would suggest a conversation with Winny, as the "shoe" must be changed to accomodate a different thickness. Sorry, I didnt ask what/where that was, I think its the long stainless steel 45* strip visible from underneath, but they will surely clear it up for you. Again, thanks for the help, and I'll go sit in the corner now...rgr...
__________________
2004 Winnebago 33V, WH
2010 Honda CRV
Jim, Lynda, and our 6/2010 model Weimaraner, Quincy, aka Q Man
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carpet bunch up under slide Stevegd007 General Maintenance and Repair 6 01-21-2009 06:24 AM
Select Comfort bed cover tearing apart inside AFChap General Maintenance and Repair 7 08-01-2008 04:43 AM
Slide Topper Tearing Greyhound General Maintenance and Repair 6 04-15-2006 02:10 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.