Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Slide tearing carpet

I have a 2004 Adventurer, 33V, W-20 chassis, and the main slide (including the dinette, and couch), has began to catch and tear the carpet as it raises up and begins to retract. Has anyone any experience/information as to how to adjust the "floor match" height?. Thanks...rgr...j
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrstndgby View Post
I have a 2004 Adventurer, 33V, W-20 chassis, and the main slide (including the dinette, and couch), has began to catch and tear the carpet as it raises up and begins to retract. Has anyone any experience/information as to how to adjust the "floor match" height?. Thanks...rgr...j
rgrstndgby, How are you doing? Not a task that I would tackle on my own but if you have an HWH system, they can do it in Moscow, IA or a dealers should be able to adjust your slideout. I'm wondering if something isn't broken as well. We have a 2003 Adventurer and knock on wood still working!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
rgrstndgby, How are you doing? Not a task that I would tackle on my own but if you have an HWH system, they can do it in Moscow, IA or a dealers should be able to adjust your slideout. I'm wondering if something isn't broken as well. We have a 2003 Adventurer and knock on wood still working!

Hi Mike, I'm doing well, hope you and yours are too. On your advice, I'll not mess with this thing, and seek out someone who knows what they are doing.. Thanks for the quick reply...rgr...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Rgrstndgby, I’d like to benefit from your timely post.

I have to replace a caret in 2002 Ultimate Advantage with hardwood floor and would love to “mess with this thing”. However there is not enough clearance under the slide. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you!
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshka View Post
Rgrstndgby, I’d like to benefit from your timely post.

I have to replace a caret in 2002 Ultimate Advantage with hardwood floor and would love to “mess with this thing”. However there is not enough clearance under the slide. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thank you!
i replaced my carpet with allure composite flooring from home depot before christmas. check this forum, search function, for my post with pictures. imho hardwood flooring would have been too thick for my moho.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
i replaced my carpet with allure composite flooring from home depot before christmas. check this forum, search function, for my post with pictures. imho hardwood flooring would have been too thick for my moho.

Well "Wifey" is wondering is this is the time to replace the carpet in that area with vinyl tile to match the tile that is elsewhere in the coach. I'll read your posts regarding your conversion. I have about 12 tiles I requested when I bought the coach, I would need about 20 more. I'll give Lichtsinn a call... thanks...rgr...
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
I found your thread. Great floor, Dan.

However I've already purchased 1/4" floating hardwood floors + 1/4" heating pad that goes under. And since I'm new to RV.. or simply dumb I completely forgot about the slides.

Besides I have the same problem as Rgrstndgby. The slide catches and almost tears the carpet. So I have to adjust the slid a bit..
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Rgrstndgby,
may I ask what is "rgr"?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshka View Post
Rgrstndgby,
may I ask what is "rgr"?

Leshka, been asked that before, Driver I think. Actually is a contraction of the words " Roger, standing by", a "left over" from my days of flying "Airborne Magnatometer work for a Geophysical Exploration Company.. Como between me and the tech in the rear of the A/C, often resulted in the phrase mentioned above, soon all run together, thus Rogerstandingby, rgr on here.. ...rgr...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

makes sense to me now... thanks and... rgr
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrstndgby View Post
I had this issue exactly. Climb under the coach when the slide is in the out position, Where the slide carpet rolls underneath the slide floor there is a bar that holds the carpet in place with screws the full length of the slide. In our unit the screws had backed out and the bar was catching on the carpet whenever we pulled the slide back in. It will start to twist the bar and become much worse over a short period of time. The local dealer drilled extra holes and put in more screws pulling the bar flat again. So far no issues after that but the carpet got torn just behind the drivers seat and we are in the process of replacing with stock tile. I have the model number for the Taupe tile if anyone needs it. It is much cheaper to buy from a floor dealer than from winnie.

04 Winnebago 33v
Mortgagehomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgagehomes View Post
I had this issue exactly. Climb under the coach when the slide is in the out position, Where the slide carpet rolls underneath the slide floor there is a bar that holds the carpet in place with screws the full length of the slide. In our unit the screws had backed out and the bar was catching on the carpet whenever we pulled the slide back in. It will start to twist the bar and become much worse over a short period of time. The local dealer drilled extra holes and put in more screws pulling the bar flat again. So far no issues after that but the carpet got torn just behind the drivers seat and we are in the process of replacing with stock tile. I have the model number for the Taupe tile if anyone needs it. It is much cheaper to buy from a floor dealer than from winnie.

First, an appology. One of my pet peeves is a poster that asks for help, then disappears without acknowlegement of those who tried to help, and now "I have been that guy"... so my apologies to all who had offered help.

Rotator Cuff surgery scheduled for this month, was moved up a few weeks, and left me unable to crawl under the coach for a "look see", but now thats done, and I've been under there, and I see the strip Chuck described, and mine is ok, ( just no carpet under that section) so too, is the stainless "ramp" that lifts the slide. The Winnie tech said "there are NO vertical adjustments, the two adjusters that are visible toward the outside are for slide to body fit, and trim alignment only". It looks like in my case, that something got under the slide, started a tear, which magnified as more carpet got involved. The shop that will repair this for me thinks that they can simply straighten the carpet, steam it flat again, and reattach it under "Chucks Strip", from which it is now torn. Btw, if you are contemplating repacing the carpet with something else, I would suggest a conversation with Winny, as the "shoe" must be changed to accomodate a different thickness. Sorry, I didnt ask what/where that was, I think its the long stainless steel 45* strip visible from underneath, but they will surely clear it up for you. Again, thanks for the help, and I'll go sit in the corner now...rgr...