Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
LnG
Winnebago Camper

hydraulic line ID

From my earlier post, I still have a ruptured hydraulic line. I tried Paul Maddox a couple times, email and phone, no response. I have looked at several schematics of the system and as far as I can tell the only hydraulics in the rear of my coach are the 2 jacks and the bedroom. It looks like I have 1 for each jack and 2 for the bedroom slide. I know where the leak is but can not see it to trace it down. I can't find any specific routing diagrams for either system especially the slide. From what I have it looks like the line for the left jack is the only line that runs down the left side of the frame where the leak is. But there ore multiple hoses, which one? I don't really want to start pulling hoses hoping to get the right one. Anyone have any ideas how to identify the hoses or know of a more detailed drawing? My coach is a 2005 Journey 39F
LnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Did you leave Paul a message when you called so he could get back to you?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
LnG
Winnebago Camper

Sure did on his phone and in email
Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

This may help:

Hydraulics and HWH Systems

In section 4-4.4 you'll find:

HWH hose is easily identified by the printing on the outer cover of the hose. Also, hose assemblies made at HWH will have a part tag with the part number, size and length of the hose assembly. This part tag should be within 1/16 of an inch of the hose end. If the tag is further away from the hose end, the hose should not be installed. Refer to ML24976 “HWH CORPORATION-HYDRAULIC HOSE/FITTING/SWAGING GUIDE” for a complete guide to identify HWH hose and to obtain the correct hose ends and swaging equipment for repair of hoses. If the correct hose ends or equipment is not available, do not attempt to repair a HWH hose, replace the complete hose assembly.

Example: HOSE: M50022P 1/8” High Pressure (Currently Used)
Print on Hose: “Parker Parflex PDH-2 1/8 6000 PSI WP-USE 58 SERIES FITTING”

It has a 2011 date on it. I believe it should apply to your '05. I have found labels on my '04 HWH system that match what it says.

The Swaging guide mentioned is available too:

HWH swaging Guide

It has information for other size hoses.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
LnG
Winnebago Camper

Thank you but according to HWH tech I spoke with this morning HWH only installs the hydraulics then it's up to Winnebago to install the hoses. Didn't make much sense to me. Then he asked how many slides I had and what my SN was. After a while he cam back telling me I should have 4 slides instead of 3. I want to know what happened to the 4th slide? At this point I don't have a lot of faith in HWP!
Old 01-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Get in there with a flashlight, cut zip ties, and if necessary, have someone operate each function until you are sure of the leaking hose. It is just like chasing down wiring. Tug until you feel the moving hose, and keep following until you get to one end or the other. I’ve been there on my 2002 Itasca Horizon. NAPA will make replacement hoses in a fraction of the time at a fraction of the price of HWH.
Kvw613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #7
04 Meridian 36G dp

See my answer to your first post. I could get at the hoses for my rear slide. It wasn't hard to find the leak. The leak is likely at a fitting or near due to slide movement stress.
marv h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

The OP has responded to one of his other posts on this topic with his current plan:

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ml#post3832879
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic