Old 01-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #15
iRV2 Sponsor

Sammie,

In response to your question regarding engine upgrades on the newer electronic engines. The answer is that the aftermarket does not have devices yet for your engine, however we have had excellent results with installing the 5050L Aeroturbine muffler and an AFE flow air filter. These 2 together have shown gains of 3-5 mph pulling hills, .5 to 1mpg gain in fuel economy and over 100 degrees less exhaust gas temps.

We feel that if you can get off those hills quicker, it's less wear on vital components and the driver.
Redlands Truck and RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...On my 34H the right rear wheel position is 800 lbs heavier than the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is kind of interesting since the slide is on the left side. Then again the AC unit is on the right hand side.
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Vicsryd for the info, I tried to find information on cats web site, but nothing available.
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Since the conversation has now verred off course to vehicle weights,lets get back to the C-7 horsepower ratings.I have read in other post that if the C-7 is " Flashed " from 330hp to 350hp the additional Heat which will be produced may cause the engine to run hot ,since the radiator was installed by Freightliner and based on a 330hp engine.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

The aftermarket appears to be catching up. I just read an ad from Edge Products for their box for the Cat 3126 B & E models, and the Cummins 5.9 engine which they claim can increase horsepower 25 - 40 hp, and add up 120 foot pounds of torque. That would probably take care of most folks needs.

2004 Meridian 34H
Fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan Frank:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan If you pull a 10,000lbs trailer do you have more than 500 lbs on the hitch or not worry about it my 34 winnebago has a 10000 lbs tow cap but 5oo lbs on hitch i have 10% more than my trailer 7500 lbs rip </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, I'll probably catch **** from a lot of people on this post, but here goes... My 34H also states 500# max tongue weight, and the manual says not to use a weight distributing hitch, though the Freightliner part of the manual states that is important to have about 10% of the trailer weight on the tongue (which as we all know at 10,000#, is 1,000#). Gotta love it when the two can't agree! Anyway, I have not actually weighed my tongue weight separately but assume as with most trailers, it is designed to put about 10% on the tongue, so probably have about 1000#. I do use a weight distributing hitch. I understand the argument that with the overhang, it can't distribute the weight to the front properly, and Winnebago "does not recommend" the use of a WD hitch, but overhand or not, it will distribute SOME of the weight, which will help to bring it back toward the 500# mark. In the end, my trailer is actually a bit over weight (too many toys), and the end result on my rear axle, fully loaded, with the trailer, is 17,560#, which as we all know is 60# over weight, but close enough for me. And the most important part for me, it drives perfectly, no sway, no tugging, no squirly front end. I know I'm pushing the limits, but it works fine for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Alan I do not use a WD hitch and I am about 760# on the tongue but have not worried to much it dose not lower the back of my MH any, that may not be a good measuring stick but it is what I use rip

Toad 2007 Nissan Xterra off road 6 speed 2 JRT'S Jack & Demi
itsrip is offline   Reply With Quote