Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The cabinet were my control panel is located just started leaking when it rains. (The ceiling is not wet or the wall) there is a little puddle of water on the top of the cabinet near the vent pipe and dont seem to be leaking from there. I checked the seal on the living room slide that seems to be ok (It is tight). Anyone ever run into this problem I need to pin point the problem since it is so close to the control panel I dont want it to start a fire or have a major electical short. Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The cabinet were my control panel is located just started leaking when it rains. (The ceiling is not wet or the wall) there is a little puddle of water on the top of the cabinet near the vent pipe and dont seem to be leaking from there. I checked the seal on the living room slide that seems to be ok (It is tight). Anyone ever run into this problem I need to pin point the problem since it is so close to the control panel I dont want it to start a fire or have a major electical short. Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 03-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Not exactly sure just where you mean. Is the control panel the "One Place" where all the generator-thermastat, and tank monitors are located? And just what vent pipe are you speaking of? I can't see any vent pipes from the living space in my coach.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If I remember correctly, when I had the One Place panel out to install my See Level system, I believe the vent pipe from the gray water tank runs in the space just behind the panel. I'd check the caulking/seal on the roof around the vent pipe.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the information I will go up on the roof tomorrow and check out the vent pipe. I will let you no what I found out. Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ron, if your panel is as easy to remove as mine, (2 screws) it can be pulled out far enough to see if anything wet is coming down the vent tube...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

ok thank you I will check that tomorrow. Ron

Celebration Florida
Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Ron, keep in mind that there is live voltage on the back of the panel and be appropriatly careful.. I don't think there are any "open' connections, but the "juice" is there..Be disconnected from shore power, no gennie running...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote