Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to start a blog

I'm trying to start a blog and can't figure out how to post it. I have a draft saved under My Blog but don't see how to go about actually posting it. Got any instructions handy?
Fritos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Winnie Vectra Full Timer

Might try this;
www.blogspot.com
Old 08-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
Site Team

We went the facebook route. We created a private group and invited friends that are interested in our travels. We update it one in a while.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMillie View Post
Might try this;
www.blogspot.com
Thanks - I'll look into that. But I was hoping to use the (apparent) blog capabilities on this community. Maybe blogs aren't actually available here? There's a dropdown in the ribbon at the top of the page. Hmmmmm
Old 08-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos55 View Post
Thanks - I'll look into that. But I was hoping to use the (apparent) blog capabilities on this community. Maybe blogs aren't actually available here? There's a dropdown in the ribbon at the top of the page. Hmmmmm
It’s easy. Click on “Your Blog” on the drop down menu in the top menu bar and then scroll down and look in the left side bar. You’ll see a “Post to your blog” option there.

That’s all there is to it.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It’s easy. Click on “Your Blog” on the drop down menu in the top menu bar and then scroll down and look in the left side bar. You’ll see a “Post to your blog” option there.

That’s all there is to it.
Yep - did that. Typed up my blog post and clicked on "Save Draft". It now shows up in View Drafts on the left side bar. Clicking on that takes me to the blog but it shows a Draft Blog Entry icon next to the title. Can't figure out how to post it as NOT a draft. Tried deleting it and starting all over, but don't have the permissions to delete.

I guess I can just leave it as a draft for now and copy/paste everything from that draft into a new entry and try clicking on Post Now instead of saving the draft.

[As an ex-Software Engineer, I learned long ago to save my work. ;-)]
Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
Site Team

I have not used Blogs here, but I created (and deleted) a test blog.

Load your Draft.
Click the Edit pencil
Click "Go Advanced" in the edit window
Scroll down to see the Blog Status showing "Draft Blog"
Click the down arrow to either publish the blog in the future or to publish the blog now.
Save the changes.

There seems to be another way as well.

Click "Post to your Blog" and you'll see a new box on top of the editor window and it offers to load the draft. It's already in Advanced editing mode so you just scroll down and publish it.

I did notice while creating the test blog that I could publish directly from the editor. There was a Publish, Cancel or Save to Drafts option. It's saving it to drafts that creates a kind of lost blog post.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this doesn't work for you. I'm a Mod so I have posting permissions that others don't have and sometimes that means I see menu options that others don't see.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I have not used Blogs here, but I created (and deleted) a test blog.

Load your Draft.
Click the Edit pencil
Click "Go Advanced" in the edit window
Scroll down to see the Blog Status showing "Draft Blog"
Click the down arrow to either publish the blog in the future or to publish the blog now.
Save the changes.

There seems to be another way as well.

Click "Post to your Blog" and you'll see a new box on top of the editor window and it offers to load the draft. It's already in Advanced editing mode so you just scroll down and publish it.

I did notice while creating the test blog that I could publish directly from the editor. There was a Publish, Cancel or Save to Drafts option. It's saving it to drafts that creates a kind of lost blog post.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this doesn't work for you. I'm a Mod so I have posting permissions that others don't have and sometimes that means I see menu options that others don't see.
Thanks much for the pointers!