Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello from Canada - 1974 Brave

We have a 1974 Brave 18' Winnebago for a few years now, and finally decide to fix it up and take it on the road.

My husband and I building skills are just limited to square boxes and fixing things around the house. So, we thought we can just unscrew a few cabinets doors, table, and benches and clean it up and paint and hand the RV over to our mechanic to change the fluid clean the engine and off we go.

A month later....mold in some area and soft rotten woods in other. I have two options: 1. removed all the plywood off the hard foam board with chisel and then clean up the foam board. Or
2. remove all the foam board and moldy plywood from the metal frame of the RV.
My husband has lung issues so we decided to go with Option #2. So, my question is, how do we go about removing the foam board that is super glue to the metal frame ? I had been Google and search the Forum but can't seem to find the solution. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220709_134037.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	183696  
Medss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Obviously I can’t be sure, but from what you describe and show in your photo, it looks like you are deconstructing your roof from the inside out. At least that’s what it sounds like.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Creativepart. Ahh...the roof dropped on us when we took the fridge off its shelf. Other than that area, the roof didn't look too bad. It was dry, sealed and insulated. I am more concern about the wall, some area just black crumbly dry wall and some area are good wall with paint on top of the original dry wall.
Regards
Medss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, ada