Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2023, 06:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Boondocking places east of Flagstaff, Az

Any of you frequent travelers know of any boondocking places east of Flagstaff, Az
Thanks
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Don't want to seem picky but I'm wondering how far East you might mean? Do you want just East say XXX miles or just going a long way East? Speaking of close to I-40, maybe?

We all seem to have different ideas of what is close and what is too far, so maybe spelling it out closer will shake the tree a little more.

Best of luck.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Don't want to seem picky but I'm wondering how far East you might mean? Do you want just East say XXX miles or just going a long way East? Speaking of close to I-40, maybe?

We all seem to have different ideas of what is close and what is too far, so maybe spelling it out closer will shake the tree a little more.

Best of luck.
I was originally going to stay at Bonito CG but apparently they aren't open yet and I really don't want to pay the big prices at the private CG's I found FR 545 but not sure about that either any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 05-01-2023, 09:13 PM   #4
Site Team

I was going to suggest Bonito CG. It’s fabulous. The nicest dry camping campground I’ve ever seen and it’s located immediately outside a super interesting National Monument, too.

It’s too early for just about anything East of there as well.

My site at Bonito:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	734.3 KB
ID:	185834  
Old 05-01-2023, 09:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I was going to suggest Bonito CG. It’s fabulous. The nicest dry camping campground I’ve ever seen and it’s located immediately outside a super interesting National Monument, too.

It’s too early for just about anything East of there as well.

My site at Bonito:
Yup I was looking forward to Bonito they say they open the first or second week of May and I'm looking at May 4th not looking good
Old 05-01-2023, 09:45 PM   #6
Site Team

250 miles East of there in Colorado outside Cortez and Delores there are National Forest free camping places. But they too are usually closed the first week of May.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #7
Site Team

Flagstaff had a record amount of snowfall this past Winter. At that elevation it will be awhile until that opens up completely probably.

Tags
ace