Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2024, 04:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

over head bunk liner view/door hinge

I bought a used 2020 view 24d. finding things that need to be fixed. The liner in the over head bunk closest to the front is sagging. This doesn't leave much room for a second person up there. Anyone know how to fix it. I am currently working on a seized door hinge. I read this is a common problem. Fighting to get pin out. hinge doesn't come off frame. Any suggestions or instructions on either issue would be great. Thanks Allen
bigalantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 06:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I also have a 2020 24 D and have dealt with the door issue. As you know you have a seized hinge. I’m pretty handy but could not get it off without damaging the door frame.

The hinges need to be painted to match the full body paint. I had some of the correct paint left over from having to repaint the Truma door. (Side issue) so I ordered the hinge and pin from my Winnebago dealer painted it to match and the dealer who is very familiar with the door issues was able to get everything swapped out and the door swings open and closed perfectly.

I paid for the hinges and pin $141 and their labor was $330 so not too bad. Pulling each hinge one by one and lubricating is fairly simple if you do it before they seize, so I’ll likely do this about every 6 months.

Since you’re also chasing a leak, that could be the issue with your interior ceiling panel. If you haven’t corrected that yet, I would pull the panel to inspect for dampness. I didn’t have a leak but did get some sag, that was corrected by just pushing the panel back up. It’s stayed so far this season, if it drops again I may spray some 3M adhesive to give it some help.

Tags
door, view