Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2024, 09:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 View dripping H2O from behind the 'service center'

Our 2017 View has dripping from behind the 'service center' of the connect; a puddle under the rig during latest trip. I'm now studying RV plumbing on U-Tube -- crimping etc. How does one access the piping to fix these leaks?
SelVieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 10:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are great interactive drawings for the more recent years and they let us "look through walls" and turn or zoom to get some really fine details of what we have.
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

HOWEVER? To get the correct group we have to know WHICH 2017 View?
If you can pick the correct RV, we can do a better job of looking at how your connections are built!
When choosing which RV, it may take looking down to the plumbing and fresh water section as there appears to have been three different builds in the 2017 year model for the 524G model. I did not look at others but one might assume there were changes there also, so that means there are differences in the fresh water plumbing. Getting the correct drawing at start will lead to better ideas of how to get it apart!

One common way working just from guess is that the port can be pulled forward after the two screws are removed. The two I looked at had the tubing behind the port going into an interior wall so access from the outside may be the better idea!

But that is guessing, so your choice on looking at the drawings or trying a guess??
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:51 AM   #3
'21 View 24J

Hi - I'm not sure what model you have, but there is a good chance your '17 View's wet bay can be accessed by removing an access panel underneath.

Our '21 J model has a black strap underneath that is easily removed to allow you to get in there to see what is going on. Winnebago keeps other things in there too - (fuse for auxiliary solar, relay for tank heaters, electrical connectors ...) .

I've attached some photos of what our J model's wet bay access looks like. Once in there, if a leak is not obvious, I'd recommend wrapping some paper toweling on the PEX joints and then powering up your water pump and opening a cold water tap to get water circulating through the area. If you can't find anything weeping with the pump as the source, try hooking up city water and pressurizing things that way.

Once you find a joint leaking, you are in to cutting PEX and using a crimping tool to redo the joint. It might be a bit of a learning curve for you, but it sounds like you are already well on your way to keeping your rig away from a dealer.

Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010794.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	189045   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010800.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	189046