Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterizing Minnie - No HW Heater bypass

I had to winterize my Minnie last night due to a severe cold front coming in - supposed to be 16 degrees tonight. Our HWH is located under the sofa. I searched and searched but could not locate a bypass switch. I plan to order one but in the meantime, I had to winterize it. Moving as fast as I can, I pumped pink through all the lines hoping the HWH wouldn't chug up all the pink. It worked well and I only drained about 1/2 gallon from the HWH when I was done.

My question is, how bad is pink for the guts of the water heater and do I need to rinse it somehow this weekend (it's supposed to be in the 60's again). If so, do I just run a bunch of water through the whole system to clean the HWH? I hate to have to do this because then I have to re-winterize BUT I don't want to ruin the water heater.

Thoughts?

Tags
heater