Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
CoveredWagon

Sightseer Furnace dead...again!

I have a 2005 Sightseer 29r with a Suburban SF30 furnace. Two years ago my furnace decided to not work when the temp got to about 27 deg. I replaced the sail switch, limit switch, igniter, and fan motor as things quit working. I replaced the control board because I knew that would be the next thing to go...when it was freezing outside! The furnace worked fine until I had to replace the gas valve last week due to an internal leak. Gas was leaking past the valve to the burner orifice. My new propane co would not hook up a 250 gal tank until I fixed the leak! I installed the new valve this afternoon but it will not ignite. The blower is working fine, Is there a way to see if the valve is working without removing the furnace from the RV? Any other suggestions? It got cold enough last night to turn the stove on for warmth while watching Tv, and again this morning. Not full timing....yet, but I'll be staying in the RV for 1-2 weeks at a time for the next year or so while building my new home base in KY.
CoveredWagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, ada, furnace, sightseer