Winnebago Owners Online Community

Winnebago Owners Online Community (https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/)
-   Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics (https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   Location of switch for drivers map light (https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f260/location-of-switch-for-drivers-map-light-59172.html)

Magumba 10-27-2009 01:32 PM

Location of switch for drivers map light

Hi,
We have a 2003 Itaca Suncruiser 38G, on the co-pilot side of the cab there is a switch for that sides map light. The switch only lights the map light on that side.
Try as I might I can't find a switch for the drivers map light. I've checked the bulb in the co-pilot light socket and it's good.
Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Rocket Heart 10-27-2009 01:53 PM

Your map light is on the switch on your dash that adjust's the brightness of your dashboard. Turn it all the way to it's brightest point and go a little farther and your map light should come on.

Magumba 10-27-2009 02:45 PM

Just like the dome light in a car, how dumb of me not to try that. Thanks for your help, I'll try it out when I get home tonight.

tderonne 10-27-2009 04:48 PM

And just like a domelite in a car it should go on when you open the door.

That is the only way mine goes on right now, the switch has brkoen for a second time. They replaced it once under warranty. I haven't gotten around to fixing it myself this time.

Petro 10-27-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tderonne (Post 560101)
And just like a domelite in a car it should go on when you open the door.

I had to replace my door courtesy light switch as it failed. Now it works just fine.

Don

Rocket Heart 10-28-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magumba (Post 560065)
Just like the dome light in a car, how dumb of me not to try that. Thanks for your help, I'll try it out when I get home tonight.

Yeah well I can relate - I sound brilliant in my reply to you - the sad part was it took me a long time to figure that one out myself - duhhhh:facepalm:

tennsmith 10-29-2009 09:48 AM

That precipitates a question from me...I have a 2000 Itasca Horizon and the driver's overhead light does work as Tom says (took me forever to figure it out!) but this light does NOT come on when the passenger door is opened, as Tim says, nor do any other interior lights.

Do I have a switch set to a wrong position? Do I have a broken switch somewhere? Is this feature available on Horizons?

wlf00 10-29-2009 07:25 PM

tennsmith,

I have a 2008 Tour and the driver's map light comes on with the dome switch as described by others. No light comes on when the door is opened.

However, when you unlock the door with the remote, the passenger's map light, along with the outside porch light, come on for a period of time. This gives you time to enter the coach and turn on one of the ceiling lights.

Just make sure you turn one of them on. Once I unlocked the coach and entered it without turning on any lights. All was good until the map light turned off and I was standing in the middle of a pitch black coach. I had to feel my way over to one of the light switches.