Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterization 2002 Journey 36 DL

First year to winterize this rig. I blew out all of the water lines as I have normally done before. First time to add anti-freeze. There are switches in one interior cabinet that are labeled "Winterization" & "Bypass". There are no other manual valves that I can locate. Turned on both switches and they lit up. Inserted draw tube in anti-freeze and pump readily sucked out the anti-freeze. I am assuming that the "Bypass" switch is keeping anti-freeze from going into water heater. I have put 4 gallons into the system and nothing is coming out of the faucets. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!!! Thanks
Gary Gilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Your MH is different than mine (I have valves, no switches that light up) but that antifreeze is going somewhere. Yes, I would think "Bypass" would skip the WH.

I would check to make sure that; your low point drains are not open (don't know if you've even opened them if you blew the system out), you've capped the air chuck inlet and the park water connection is off, the WH is not filling and open maybe just one faucet or tap at a time. In my MH, pushing air out and trying to fill empty lines just might take four gallons. I dunno. You'll have to start eliminating possibilities.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

That much antifreeze can only go to a few spots. Water heater, fresh water tank, or open low point drains. Do you have a whole house water filter? did you take the filter out and forget to replace the canister. Checking the water heater will be easy if you see pink coming out the drain then you have not bypassed it. You will then need to find the reason for not bypassing. The fresh water tank if you open the drain and pink comes out then you are putting antifreeze into it.
As for low point drains that will show up on the ground really fast.

As to other valves and switches I can not help. I know my 07 Meridian has two valves I turn on in the wet bay to bypass the water heater and the other near the water pump.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Silly question but I can't seem to find it in the forum or on YouTube. Can someone point me in the direction of the steps to winterize a '03 Journey? The RVs I had before, I easily found videos that walked me through the process. I can't seem to find that for the Journey.

Thanks!
Maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmike View Post
Silly question but I can't seem to find it in the forum or on YouTube. Can someone point me in the direction of the steps to winterize a '03 Journey? The RVs I had before, I easily found videos that walked me through the process. I can't seem to find that for the Journey.

Thanks!
Section 10 of the 2003 Journey Operator Manual goes through the winterization process.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Section 10 of the 2003 Journey Operator Manual goes through the winterization process.

Thanks! Now I need to dig up the manual.
Maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmike View Post
Thanks! Now I need to dig up the manual.
That's a link to the manual in my post!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, winter