Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide issues 2014 Forza

I have a 2014 Forza 34T, my full slide on passenger side started making loud knocking sound and continued to get worse after 5-6 opening and closings until now the lower back corner of slide will not go in all the way. I have had it looked at and seems that the base structure under the refrigerator is dragging on the right side. I was told that the slide system does not do well with a drag (something slowing it down) while running. It is the flooring or support structure in the slide under the refrigerator that is causing this drag because it is up 1/2" is off the ground on one side and dragging the floor on the other.

Has anyone had this problem or knows why this would happen to the structure under the refrigerator? My extended warranty will cover the slide repair but does not cover structure damage.

Thanks for any comments.

Carol
carolbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Carol,
Welcome. You have a Slide Issue, not a Structure Issue and since you have a Class A motorhome your thread belongs in the motorhome forum. So, I have moved your thread there and changed the title to reflect your problem.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of mid-2010's slide issues. It sounds like you need to have a roller added under your kitchen - but that's just a guess. It's a standard fix for problems like yours. When my RV was new I took it to Iowa to the Winnebago factory for repairs. I had some minor issues with my slides and they took it upon their selves to add a roller to mine in the kitchen area without me asking for it.

I know that there are other places that can do this kind of work, too. The problem is finding one near you in Colorado.

Maybe someone will chime it with info for good slide repair in the Denver area. I know there are folks in Phoenix and in Las Vegas that could do this, as well as the Lippert Service Center in Elkhart, Indiana and the previously mentioned factory in Iowa.

It's not too big of a deal to get this done - so don't fret just yet.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for your response. I tried to send a message from the Class A section but couldn't find the new message, post, thread spot to click. Will try harder next time.

I do have someone doing the repairs. But we have a long wait on the slide parts unfortunately. So thought I'd see what info I could gleam. I will certain mention the roller idea. I am wondering why Winnebago didn't do that in the first place?? this problem doesn't seem should happen in an 8 yr old coach.
carolbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have a Winnebago Forza 34t
Drivers side rear slide rack is chewed up and binding, jumping and making noise. I ordered a couple of new racks and gears and watched Lippert’s generic video on changing them, pretty straight forward and easy.
They say to first remove the motor (their video shows accessing from the side) but I don’t see how to access the motor on the Forza

Anyone done this?
Edbehl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide