Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

How do I start a new thread?

I am in forum https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ms-197619.html and would like to post a question and cannot find the “New Thread” button. Only buttons I see are, “Post Reply” (upper left hand corner} and “Quote”, “Multi-quote”, “Quick Reply” and “Thanks” buttons. No “New Thread” button. How do I post a question?
youngfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Do you want to ask a question of someone in that thread? If so, click on "Post Reply."

If you want to start a new thread you would not do that within someone else's existing thread. To see the "New Thread" button you need to be in the Forum index. Not within a thread. That forum is the General Maintenance and Repair forum. If that's where you want to ask your question, back out of that thread to the Forum Index.

If you want to choose some other forum then you need to back out one step farther to the Main Index to see the listing of ALL the available forums. Then choose the correct forum topic and enter that forum's Index and click New Thread.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
mr baseball

can you tell me how to make a new post and ask a question thank you
mr baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr baseball View Post
Go to the list of forums...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/

Scroll through the list of available forums and find one that fits what you want to post/ask about. Click that forum's name. You'll see the list of threads for that forum.

In the upper left corner - just above the thread index - you'll see s "New Thread" button. It looks like this:

Clicking on the New Thread button will give you this page with a text editor. You give your thread a Title and then compose your post in the big text box. When done click the "Submit New Thread" button at the bottom of the text box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 5.47.50 PM.png
Views:	82
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	174720  
Old 08-22-2020, 05:08 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr baseball View Post
Also, Mark, when choosing forums to post in don't be too literal. This forum is called "Forum Admin | News | Member Concerns." But that's member concerns as they pertain to the operation of the website. Not a place where members that have a "concern" about something on their RV posts about their problem.

For Example:
If you have a problem with a generator then you'd post it either in the "Winnebago Class A Motorhomes" forum because you have a Class A with a generator. Or you'd post it in the "Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics" forum because it's about a problem with an electrical item. Either would be fine.

Once you get the hang of using a Forum it's clear as a bell.