Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2001 itasca suncruiser

We lost power to our Radio, compass, defrost fans, HWH leveling system and mirrors. Any ideas what this problem could be. 2001 itasca suncruiser 35u thank you for any help you can provide.
MaryannFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think of the Rv as having three sets of electrical.
One is the AC stuff for big things like microwave and air cond. Two is the coach which is the stuff added to the truck chassis to make it an RV and third is the chassis stuff which would be found on most rucks or cars.

We get good info on one and two from Winnebago but the third, is not supported by them as it comes to them mostly all built and they let the chassis builder support it----which they don't!

The items mentioned are all what I would expect to fall into the chassis builders section.
There is a somewhat "standard" way the chassis is fused in different boxes than the coach item, so that is often in a box under the "Hood".

So do you have an operators manual for the chassis, like Ford, Chevy, or Workhorse? I might guess there would be a section in the manual for where to find fuses for the chassis and look there for a blown fuse, since there is little connection for those items other than all what might be called misc. electrical, I might try looking out where the other chassis fuses often set in a box just under the bottom of the windshield or where lots of other fuses like for headlights, horn, etc. would be found.

Guessing but what I have found in other RV???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, suncruiser