Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #101
Administrator Emeritus

Congrats to the haleraiser family on their new coach!!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #102

Hello all;
We have been fulltimming since Sept. '04 but not on the road.
We first had a 5er, but this June DW talked me into going to an RV show to look at some new Class A's.
Well the A-bug bit....
We came home with a '06 Itasca Meridian, 39K.

We will get on the road in March 08, after a company contract ends, 503 days.... but whos counting.
Scratch & Goose
Fallon NV

Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #103
Administrator Emeritus

scratch, Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Owner's Forum!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #104
Winnebago Camper

Greetings All!

Sorry for the slow response. I want to thank everyone for their gracious comments and warm welcomes. We look forward to many good times and good friends.

Say rebels, how did you place the photo in the post like you did? I was wanting to do the same initially, but didn't figure out how to.

2007 Saturn Outlook V6 FWD, Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #105
Administrator Emeritus

You can either click on the little picture icon in the "post a reply" area, it's the second from the right or you can simply bracket the image like this.... [img] http address of pic [/img]

Note I mentioned the "http address" as the picture has to be on the internet somewhere....
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #106
Winnebago Camper

Thanks rebels, I get it now. I appreciate the help. Will have to use it next time.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #107
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
I've been wondering just how many of our readers are purely in the silent lurking phase.

Many times throughout the day,the "guest" list to this site far exceeds the number of members here....It made me curious,so I'm asking specifically those of you that are gueststo participate.
You might possibly be a current Winnebago owner, or even someone contemplating the future purchase of a Winnebago product.

I would like to ask anyone who has never posted in the Winnebago forum to consider making one post.The purpose for this post would sort of be an online roll call...

Your post could introduce yourself,or maybe the type of rig you own or are interested in. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make a one-time post and then lurk again if desired.

Thank you for visiting the Winnebago Forum!

iRV2.com's Mission Statement:
"Efficiently Support the Thoughtful Exchange of Knowledge, Values and Experiences Among RV Enthusiasts."
Any new lurkers out there??
Old 10-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #108
Winnebago Camper

Well, we picked up our new Adventurer on Friday and we love it! Everyone in the family is excited. They can't wait for the first time we take it out! We plan to post more about our adventures and exploits as we use it in the future.

Here's a picture of it in front of our house.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 AM   #109
Winnebago Camper

Bob,

I guess I could have just asked you to sign me up from your reply to my topic but this makes it more offical I guess.

We have a 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V & even if we don't go for the 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R I'm sure our next MH will be a Winnebago of some sort!

Thanks for inviting us
Old 10-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #110
Administrator Emeritus

There ya go Tony!!

WELCOME to the Owner's Forum....
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 PM   #111
Winnebago Watcher

I just found this part of the IRV2 forum and decided to post. In about one year my wife and I are planning to purchase a 1976 Itasca 25 class A. It is in beautifull condition and belongs to a close friend of ours. We presently own a 1971 Triple E class C, 19ft motorhome but do believe that the Itasca will be a pleasure to own.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #112
Administrator Emeritus

triple e, glad to hear your good fortune in your search!

rv rick, if you take the plant tour in Forest City,be sure and go across the street to the Lodge for breakfast or lunch!
Jill is one of the waitresses over there and she has quite a following of iRV2'ers!

WELCOME to the forum, we look forward to hearing more about your search and the factory tour!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #113
Winnebago Owner

Hi everyone

I am a current fifth wheel owner that is very interested in moving to a motorhome -- probably a Winnebago Adventurer. In fact, we are excited to be taking the Winnebago plant tour this week to learn more about the product.

I appreciate all the great information on this site and look forward to finding the perfect coach.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #114
Winnebago Camper

Greetings from cold Dayton, OH. Just purchased a new to me 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38G with the W22 chassis. It has Bilsteins too. Love the RV and this forum. Have just winterized it. I am already craving an RV trip, but I work full-time and have 6 more months of cold weather. Toad is a Glastron boat. Guess I will have to live vicariously through this forum until it warms up again.

Dan
Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #115
Winnebago Master

rv rick and Dmadzia welcome to the forum
I had to winterize my coach also today temp was 68 goes down tommorow to 45 than night 20 to 30. Oh well thats what we get for living up North.
Enjoy the forums and post often in your warm surroundings.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 11-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #116
Winnebago Camper

rv rick

We just bought our first motorhome (A Winnebago Adventurer) after having a travel trailer. We considered a 5th wheel for a short time, but decided to take the step to a motorhome skipping the 5th wheel after all. It's our first, and I'm sure we'll be learning a lot over the next few years. Hopefully we can contribute to people by posting information about our experiences here.

When we looked at MH's we searched each manufacturer as well as each floorplan, and decided on the Adventurer. It seemed to meet nearly all our needs and wants over any other. There is a picture of what we bought in an earlier post, if you would like to see it.

We found the floorplan we really liked in the Adventurer and in a Fleetwood Southwind. In the end, the main factors that went into the decision for us were the mechanical upgrades in the Winnebago as well as the appearance of quality in the Winnebago product.

Of course this is our perspective being inexperienced with MH's, so we're hoping our decision turns out to be a good one.

Good luck with your choice.

haleraiser

Old 11-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #117
Winnebago Owner

Hi RV Rick..
You will soon discover you did the right thing. We had a 5W for a short time but discovered we were really class A people.

We really love our Itasca. For, a short time after Katrina we thought we were going to sell it, but that thought faded and we are really glad. Soon we hope to be full time for a year living on property we bought in Mississippi. We are selling our home in New Orleans and building in MS.

Looking forward to the adventure.

You will soon find this forum to be incredibly valuable. Everyone here knows more than I do, but I get a lot of answers to questions.

Walt
Old 11-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #118
Winnebago Watcher

OK, I am new here. I live in a 32 foot Winnebago, mostly full time. It is parked in my parents side yard. I moved in 4 months ago to take care of my parents. Dad is 84 and Mom is 78. When we made arragements for me to come, they were both in good condition for their ages. That was the middle of May. I was going to fix one meal a day and help with errands. By the end of June, Dad was using a walker and Mom had been in a car accident and needed full time care. Mom is fine now, and Dad is getting better. He almost died before the doctor found out his disease. Now he gets a shot every few months to make his red blood cell normal. He is slowly getting his strength back.

But, I have a problem. Dad's memory has been affected. I can't find the owner's manual. I found just about everything else, Dad never throws anything away. Dad can't remember how to turn on the hot water heater. I have a repair manual and it looks like I have a gas/electric water heater. But it doesn't look enough alike to be any use. Below the bed, there is a round black dial with a silver face. It has 3 stops. There is a knob labeled 'heater'. It pulls in and out. Then quite a bit below that is a toggle switch below a light. I've turned it off and on, but the light never comes on.

Any ideas?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #119
Winnebago Camper

Hello everyone,

Love the irv2 site and the Winne forum! I've been so busy posting CG reviews I did't realize Winniebago had an owner's forum. We just purchased an Adventurer 35A and are having the time of our lives!!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
Old 11-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #120
Winnebago Watcher

Well, it is a sad day today. I have to put my Journey DL in storage for the winter and another year of camping done.

Things went faily well this year and don't have to many things to repair for camping next year.

I hope everyone has a good winter and see you next year
Closed Thread