Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #41
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your response and assistance.

My story continues.

Susan
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #42
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
I've been wondering just how many of our readers are purely in the silent lurking phase.
Many times throughout the day,the "guest" list to this site far exceeds the number of members here....It made me curious,so I'm asking specifically those of you that are gueststo participate.
You might possibly be a current Winnebago owner, or even someone contemplating the future purchase of a Winnebago product.

I would like to ask anyone who has never posted in the Winnebago forum to consider making one post.The purpose for this post would sort of be an online roll call...

Your post could introduce yourself,or maybe the type of rig you own or are interested in. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make a one-time post and then lurk again if desired.

Thank you for visiting the Winnebago Forum!

iRV2.com's Mission Statement:
"Efficiently Support the Thoughtful Exchange of Knowledge, Values and Experiences Among RV Enthusiasts."¯

Any NEW LURKERS out there that want to make ONE post and lurk on??

Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #43
Winnebago Watcher

Hello to all who visit the Winnebago Owner's Forum.

I made a previous post describing my woes about my new 2006 Winnebago Outlook. Mr.rebelsbeach, our Co-Owner of the Forum assisted me by giving me the appropriate contact at Winnebago Industries, Mr. Bryan Funke.

Mr. Funke has been and continues to be very helpful in the discussed matter and others.

He responded to my emails immediately, and the ball started rolling, so to speak. Today, my motorhome's issues are being taken care by the dealership, Crestview.

I would like to say, what was becoming a very negative experience has definitely turned out to be an extremely positive experience with the assistance of Mr. Funke.

I would like to extend my gratitude to Mr. Gregory "rebelsbeach", and Mr. Funke (Winnebago Industries in Forest City) and the Texas District Manger.

As a sideline comment: I have owned many rigs of different makes and models; and have made contact with the respective companies for one reason or another.. BUT Winnebago has been the first to give assistance, and to go the extra mile; for this I am very gratiful.

Again, I would like to Thank publicly: Mr. Gregory, Mr. Funke, and all of those who assisted me and am not aware who they were and their names.

Thank you again.

Respectfully submitted

Susan
Old 06-06-2006, 04:21 AM   #44
Administrator Emeritus

Susan,

Thank you for the kind words, I have passed your comments along to Bryan as well...

I truly believe in treating people how you would expect to be treated and can honestly say that everyone at Winnebago Industries in Iowa, that I have come in contact with,subscribes to that same philosophy....

If they'd only make a 42'er with a tag axle.....
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

I have been lurking since buying my new Itasca Meridian. First time DP owner and learning alot.
Don

2006 Itasca Meridian 34 ft.-350 cat
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #46
Administrator Emeritus

Don, Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new Meridian!!

We at iRV2 are very fortunate to have MANY knowledgeable folks that contribute their time and efforts to help answer questions here....Not only do we have some very knowledgeable RV owners,we also have several RV technicians that offer their time to help their fellow iRV2 members....
A great situation indeed....

Thanks for posting and we look forward to maybe hearing more from you....
Old 06-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

ok just found this forum through another! Glad I did. We just bought our first Class A notorhome and of course it was a Winnebago. WE have the Voyage 2005 33V with the workhorse. We just love it so far...the only problem is everyone wants to stay with us now when we camp! I should probably rent space out inside.
We reside in Illinois near the WI (cheesehead border) and love it. We tow four flat with a Jeep Liberty and have three RAT Terriers tagging along. My husband just retired from the police department after 36 years of service. I of course still work....so he can enjoy. LOL
Oh forgot to say that we live in WINNEBAGO COUNTY too. Have to be consistent in the Winnebago thing!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Campernut2, be sure and visit oter areas as well as the Winnie forum. Glad to have you here.

Ken
Old 06-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #49
Administrator Emeritus

campernut2, Welcome to the forum!!

Congratulations on your new rig....As you surf around iRv2 you will find many different topics to choose from,even some regional topics on the main page where we plan small get togethers with one another....

As you've already found there is a lot of good information here and some very nice folks to get to know...

WELCOME!!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #50
Winnebago Camper

We own a 2005 Itasca Meridian. We are full timers and travel alot. We are very satisfied with our unit. We went to Forest City last fall and had some repairs made. Very satisfied with the work done at Forest City (not so at dealerships).
Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #51
Administrator Emeritus

nanathorn,Welcome to the forum!!

I just answered your post in regard to the window shades and hopefully there will be others to come along with some advice as well.

If you get the time,you might click on "GO" and then "profile" and add your rig description to your signature....That way you won't have to add your rig info to each post.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #52
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Hey gang,as sort of the "newest" Winnebago Owners Forum moderator on the block,I've been wondering just how many of our readers are purely in the silent lurking phase.
Many times throughout the day,the "guest" list to this site far exceeds the number of members here....It made me curious,so I'm asking specifically those of you that are gueststo participate.
You might possibly be a current Winnebago owner, or even someone contemplating the future purchase of a Winnebago product.

I would like to ask anyone who has never posted in the Winnebago forum to consider making one post.The purpose for this post would sort of be an online roll call...

Your post could introduce yourself,or maybe the type of rig you own or are interested in. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make a one-time post and then lurk again if desired.

Thank you for visiting the Winnebago Forum!

iRV2.com's Mission Statement:
"Efficiently Support the Thoughtful Exchange of Knowledge, Values and Experiences Among RV Enthusiasts."¯
Maybe I have missed something by not regularly logging in this forum, but when I have I have always found useful info posted by other Winnebago product owners.

I am not sure who you are exactly and what relationship you may have at Winnebago other than being a Winnebago Itaca owner.

So I want to state that I have found Winnebago Industries to be the most customer driven motorhome manufacturer in the USA. They sell more than anyone else and they have the fewest defects upon delivery than others. When and if you have a problem they will fix it.

If you never have attended the annual GNR in Forest City, you are missing the full experience of a Winnebago ownership. There is no other manufacturer able to get 1600 owners to a national rally expect Winnebago.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #53
Administrator Emeritus

Flytyer,

While I've never been to a GNr, I have been to the factory in Forest City and they're some real nice folks out there....

If it weren't so darn cold,I'd even consider moving there....BRRRR!!!!

I see you've been a member for a long time and we're glad you're here....

ENJOY!!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #54
Winnebago Owner

Hey Ted (flytyer)
You'll get a chance to met Rebelsbeach (co-owner of IRV2 at the national in TN.) and explain to me why you and Judy got rid of the class C that you couldn't live without!!

Note the 27P Sundancer is gone from my signature!!!!!

Best,
Old 06-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #55
Winnebago Owner

Hey Flytyer! Glad to see that you are a fellow Winnebago owner! Great taste in rigs.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 06-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #56
Winnebago Owner

GUILTY!!! I'm one of the "lurkers"¯, but I just signed up. Wife and I have been looking at Class A's for the past 4 or 5 months with the intention of buying one once our property in California sold. We've been comparing, creating charts, checking features models, plusses and minuses...trying to figure out what would work best for us. Even spent a weekend at Lazy Days! Never having owned one, we wanted to get it right the first time.

Well, as luck would have it, we ended up back at the dealer we started at –Rivers RV in Jacksonville -with the same salesman (Jimmy is great!), and wrote a contract on a 2005 Itasca Meridian 34H that had just been traded in on an Allegro Bus.

Our original thoughts were leaning towards 40 foot MHs, but we love the State and National Parks and thought we could get into most of these with the shorter coach. The more we looked at this one, the more we found it had! The only thing missing that we wanted are Central Vacuum (easy add-on), Ceiling fan in master bedroom (I'm told it is pre-wired, so it should be easy??) and side cameras (seen John Canfields posts and website...curious about the turn signal tie-in?)

We have an 87 Goldwing Aspencade, and are thinking about the Overbilt Lift, and will need a tow dolly to pull the PT Cruiser Convertible (automatic).

We would like to find out from other owners of this model there likes and dislikes. I have a couple of weeks before we pick it up, so if there is anything special that needs to be checked out, I would appreciate experience from the noble wise ones! We went out and played with all the toys - ie slides, TV's, Magellan GPS system, Generator, and I can't find anything that doesn't work...maybe the original owner took care of any problems for me?
Old 06-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #57
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

We have an 87 Goldwing Aspencade, and are thinking about the Overbilt Lift, and will need a tow dolly to pull the PT Cruiser Convertible (automatic).
Hello THutch, here is a tandem tow dolly that might serve your purpose. http://www.cruiserlift.com/towdolly.html
Old 06-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #58
Administrator Emeritus

WELCOME Tom and Norma to iRV2 and soon the world of Winnebago ownership!!

As far as mods to make and those folks that have made them, you won't go wring following John Canfield's experiences with all the different modifications he's made to he and Jane's coach....I met Jane and John in Forest City at the Winnebago campus and he and Jane great folks too!!

Be sure and visit the other areas of iRV2, as there are many different topics I bet you will find interesting,whether it's technically related to your RV, or even a forum where other iRV2'ers plan regional camping trips to meet and greet one another over a weekend.

WELCOME!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #59
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the link, Donavon...raises more questions that will require more homework. Can I use a tow dolly and a lift at the same time? Cruiserlift says yes to towing 4 down, but no to trailers...guess I'll have to pose that question to them. The problem with the Tandem Tow Dolly is the length and storing it while in a site. Otherwise, looks good.

And THANKS to rebelsbeach, also. I've been reading your "words of wisdom" also.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #60
Winnebago Watcher

I've been "lurking" on IRV2 for some time. First time post on this Forum.
Bill

95 Itasca SunRise 29RQ
Closed Thread