Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #561
Winnebago Watcher

Hello there,

We own a 2008 Winnebago, 38T Adventurer and bought it used in November 2009. Our pre-retirement purchase only had 8,000 miles on it and was like brand new. We now have enjoyed two summer vacations and two great summers of camping. I am convinced that Winnebago is top manufacturer of coaches.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #562
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives4WeekNs View Post
Hello there,

We own a 2008 Winnebago, 38T Adventurer and bought it used in November 2009. Our pre-retirement purchase only had 8,000 miles on it and was like brand new. We now have enjoyed two summer vacations and two great summers of camping. I am convinced that Winnebago is top manufacturer of coaches.
Thanks for your post. It is always nice to hear positive remarks from owners. I happen to feel just like you do. I am on my 3rd Winnebago and I am a happy camper.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #563
Winnebago Watcher

As per your request. I have been lurking for a while. I have just retired and we are looking at buying a motor home. I have found a 33 foot 92' Elante with 87000 kms (54000 miles) on it and in great shape. I have been researching this model and so far have not heard anything bad.

Thanks to everyone for your information and hope to be behind the wheel in a couple of months.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #564
Winnebago Owner

HI all just keep readin and lurkin and postin and rvin good luck to all. Like to help if I can.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #565

We owned 8 coaches; Last 3 of which Winnebago. We have an Ultimate (2000) it is one of the best we have owned. We are into snowmobiling so we want only one slide , it is perfect.. My hat is off to Winnebago;;
Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #566
Winnebago Camper

mine sucks! its a 2010 adventurer... nothing but problems
Old 01-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #567
Winnebago Camper

We have an 05 Sunrise 33V other than the brake recall & some minor problems which I could take care off quite happy with the rig with almost 30k on it
Old 01-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #568
Winnebago Owner

I am a retired (4th year) community college teacher and just recently moved up (I hope) from a Ford Class C diesel to a '99 Winnebago Chieftain 35U with 47,000 miles on the odo. I did quite a bit of research on older Class A's and my decision came down to Winnebago or Dutch Star. Hopefully I have made the right decision. I purchased the coach in MA and drove it plus the toad 900 miles non stop to my home here in Nova Scotia, Canada. The drive was very comfortable and trouble free. I was very surprised how easy it was to drive after having been use to a 27' Class C. Campers are a pretty friendly bunch and I hope to be able to participate and meet others here on the forum. Cheers.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #569
Winnebago Master

corvettec3;

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the purchase of your Chieftain. Our previous coach was a 2003 Chieftain and we loved it. I feel confident you will enjoy yours also. We have a Winnebago Chat every Tuesday night and you always welcome to join us. If you have not already done so I would like to encourage you to go up to the New Member Check In and introduce your self so more of our members get to know you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #570
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Every body .I am not sure if this is the place for this but you invited me. I have been looking for a solution to a problem guessing everbody has experienced , roads and parks with overhanging tree branches that sound like finger nails on a black board , and leaveing scratches i was wondering how to deal with them without doing the obvious don't go there . what's the best way to polish out or repair this kind of dammage ? i been an RVer for the beter part of my life travel trailers to parks and now the Journey .

the Journey is the reward thanks Craig
Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #571
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the encouragement to make a post. I own a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 35A that we purchased 4 years ago. It is a wonderful MH and we really enjoy it. This is our second Winnebago both have been outstanding units to own. Thanks for a great forum that is dedicated to Winnie owners. I've tried several RV related forums and this is the most informative and friendliest forum I've seen!

Thank You,
Kurt & Holly

Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #572
Winnebago Watcher

Help needed on 32 Journey DL

Havent posted very much at all. We upgraded from a 94 Damon diesel pusher last year to an 03 Journey DL we bought at LaMesa RV in Quartzsite just before we headed for six weeks of boon docking in Baja. We took the old rig last year since the DL wasn't yet set up for boon docking. but is year, here we are on Playa El Coyote and having a great time. Love the rig as we still get to know it. We carry spare door keys outside the rig after having the door lock on us, what appears to be a common problem. We are careful now but still happens occasionally.
My problem now is this. While lifting the day night shade in the bedroom the line came off the bottom peg on one side. It didn't break, just came off and the end loop is now way down inside the bottom rail. I have tried crochet hooks but still can't get it to come back. How do the bottom rails come apart. Don't want to break it.
Can you direct me to the right forum? Many thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #573
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago lurker. We have a 31 ft 2007 Chalet that we use mostly to get to softball tournaments around the western states. We take our three large dogs and mostly dry camp at the parks where we are playing. IAGL (It`s A Good Life)
Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #574
Winnebago Master

cannoncreek - the end caps on the rails are just a pressure fit. Take your smallest straight blade screwdriver and pry off the cap at the end where you lost the cord. If this doesn't give you enough access to retrieve the cord, the rail will just slide sideways off the bottom of the shade.

Winnie has instructions for restringing the blinds here that will show you how they go together. Good luck...
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #575
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives4WeekNs View Post
Hello there,

Love hearing this. Our preretirement purchase is still sitting and waiting. Seems like the time is going slow but hopefully we will have the same experience you have had.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #576
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, Rod and Anne Marie here, we just purchased a new to us 1988 31ft Chieftain, with 31k on it, gleams like new inside and the previous owner redid the genny and did repairs on the fridge, drove her home 2.5 hrs and she ran like a top. A little lemon oil on the wood ans she looks like new now, now just waiting for the snow to leave and the provincial and private parks to open. We upgraded from a 21ft Glendale class C, very retro, but sooo tired of climbing up for bed! Hubby is on long term disability due to a 3 bypass so we needed the back bedroom for ease. Now we have the summer to ourselves! Love lurking on the site LOL!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #577
Winnebago Camper

Hi
I am a new owner since last sept. we have a 1995 itasca sunrise. We used it a little than cold weather set in. We also needed to have some work done on it. The little that we have used it has been fun for us. All the repairs should be completed by the end of March. We plan on using it quite a bit this summer.
Take care Bill
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #578
Winnebago Watcher

Trade In

We are looking at a 2005 35' Winnebago Voyage .
Thinking about tradeing in our 1997 32' GB Pursuit on it .

The Winnie has all the options we wanted on a MH , plus 2 slides , as we are planning on fulltiming in a few weeks , we can sure use the space .

Have checked out the windshield for leaks , and found none , does anyone know of anything else we need to look for ?
Other than the normal things of course , we have checked all of those we can think of .
Thanks,
carahsue
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #579
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carahsue View Post
We are looking at a 2005 35' Winnebago Voyage .
Thinking about tradeing in our 1997 32' GB Pursuit on it .

The Winnie has all the options we wanted on a MH , plus 2 slides , as we are planning on fulltiming in a few weeks , we can sure use the space .

Have checked out the windshield for leaks , and found none , does anyone know of anything else we need to look for ?
Other than the normal things of course , we have checked all of those we can think of .
Thanks,
carahsue
We have a 2005 and so far love it. No problems with our Adventurer. Good luck!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #580
Winnebago Camper

Very happy with our 05 Sunrise like the floorplan no major problems as of yet, I am trying to stay on top of things with timely PM work.
Closed Thread