Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Water pump switches

I have a Shur Flo water pump and none my switches will turn it on and off until I pull the bottom white wire on the multi point control switch and then plug it back on and it will only do it once so every time I want to turn it on I have to redo it. Yah I know weird.
Help, Thanks
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you know where the control is located and have pulled some wires? That is a good start but this is a totally different systems than many older RV use, so will take a different testing process!

Looking at the parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

I see no 34 foot, so maybe do some check for the exact model number for the RV? I went with 33c as being likely correct but that may need checking if you don't find what I'm seeing!

Click these snips for better view!

Correct location on back wall of wet bay?
Click image for larger version

Name:	control.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	184543

If correct, the part number is this:

Name:	control pdf.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	184544

Doing a search for that part number turns up this info:
https://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com...tch-to-ground/

Brochure is listed at right side and explains operation far better than I might, so do a look there and then there is a troubleshooting guide.
Short story as I see it is that any time one of the switches is pushed, it puts a momentary ground on the wire going to the control. If all is well with the control, the momentary ground will toggle the pump on/off each time a switch at any location is pushed, putting ground on that wire. Simple stuff like all solid state----if it works!

Sounds like we can move beyond a wiring issue at the control as the pump works and stops/starts when you remove the ground coming from the switches. Is what I read what you meant?

If true, my best guess would be that there is a ground somewhere along the wiring from all the switches to the control. When you pull the wire off, the control is seeing that as one of the switch toggle the command, so turns on/off to follow.
Basic idea is that each time you pull the wire off, that removes the ground and then when put back it adds ground back.
So a hunt for the full time ground on that wire is needed as it should be momentary, not full time!

A stuck switch? Or a wire defect like one mashed onto ground somewhere?
Bad control? I don't think so!!!

At each end of the wires, there should be a code:

Name:	f wire id.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	184545

This wire ID should be found here to help find which wire is which?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Good luck with the chase!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have replaced the multi switch and tried another pump and same thing. I'm not real great with electrical but I do know that grounds can cause problems so I'll do some tracing and get back. Thanks
Old 11-02-2022, 07:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

One way to test the control and pump as well as that part of the wiring is to pull the wire from all the switches off and then use a small jumper wire to put ground on that lug. Each time the ground is added and removed, it should cycle the pump on or off.
The first thing I might look at really hard is the switches to see if one of them is stuck. If one is stuck and keeps the ground on at that switch, the control will not be able to see any changes you make turning any other switch on or off.

The big confusing part of this new setup is that we usually put battery or ground on a circuit and it stays there to keep the pump on. Then we take the power off to turn the pump off. But with this controller, it operates when there is a change.
With a stuck switch, you don't get that change!
I'm doing some guessing but if you put a meter on the wire where you take it off the controller, I think you will see a ground there full time and that is the problem!

Are these switches a push button, so that one might just be stuck pushed?
All this trouble becasue a little plastic gizmo stuck?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ok thanks I'll check that out today

Tags
switch, water, water pump