Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vita 24F--may be new owner this weekend!

Hello! My name is Cathi and I am close to deciding on a new Vita 24F. I would really prefer a View/Navion 24J but they are more than my budget even several years old, and I believe I'm getting a great deal on the Vita.

My ex and I owned a class A Berkshire DP a while back. While it was awesome to have so much real estate once you got to the campsite it was also way more than I wanted to be driving, parking, etc. Last year I rented a Jayco Melbourne for a 3-day trip and loved it!

My top wish list items are:

Sprinter chassis--we have found it the most comfortable for driving

Large dinette--preferably a U-dinette for lots of room for dinner, games, etc.

Rear corner bed--the Jayco had a slide-out queen, which was great when you can put it out, but I want the option to have all beds available when we can't roll it out

Good cab-over bunk--have 2 kids and both demand their own space

The only one of these that the Vita doesn't fulfill is the U-dinette, and I think we can work with what it has.

My other main contender right now is the Coachmen Prism 2150. I have a video chat today with Camping World to go over a 2018 with pretty low miles. This unit would be a good $10K less than the new Vita. I do like the idea of buying new, but the Vita has only been out for a year so the reliability/quality/resale value is yet to be tested. I feel that the Winnebago would be a better overall quality, but am still contemplating what I could do with the extra money in my pocket.

Thanks for making it through if you read this far! I welcome any and all advice.
zilchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Congrats and Good Luck.

If you do much RV Forum reading you'll see a lot of warnings about Camping World. Their reputation is pretty poor when it comes to both sales and service.

I've not bought from them, so I don't have an opinion, other than the horror stories I've heard on various forums.

Here's one:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/camp...ed-404358.html
Old 06-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the warning creativepart. I have heard lots of bad stuff about CW so I'm not expecting much out of them long-term.
zilchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Just joined also. We put a deposit down on a 2021 Navion 24d - sight unseen. But love the floorplan. We are retired with a special needs adult daughter who loves to travel plus 3 dogs. This should be interesting. We are in Nevada. Best wishes on you rv and hope our deal goes through.
Otterhound is offline   Reply With Quote