Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

View 24J waiting to roll

Hi all, I'm Brad. Last Thanksgiving my wife and I purchased a View in Tennessee.
Stoped to visit family in a couple of cities on our way back to Florida.
We planed to leave in the spring for a few month trip around the country trip.

Well the menace virus kind of put a halt to that. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we are going to take our first trip virus or not.

I have some questions I will post in hopefully, the proper section.
brad225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Brad. Congrats on your new RV. My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Navion 24J in January 2018. We took a 4 week/5,000 mile trip to the northeast (Bar Harbor, Maine) in late September 2019, and no everything is on hold. We would like to go to Jackson Hole, Wy in October if KOA campgrounds are open and safe.

Be safe. Jim
BikingKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingKC View Post
. We would like to go to Jackson Hole, Wy in October if KOA campgrounds are open and safe.
We used to live in Jackson, be aware that winter arrives in mid-October. The best time to go is early Sept to the first week of October. It doesn’t usually snow in Oct but freezing temps are routine and hard freezes are not unusual.

September was our favorite month of the year.

We lived there between 2000 - 2005.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingKC View Post
Hi Brad. Congrats on your new RV. My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Navion 24J in January 2018. We took a 4 week/5,000 mile trip to the northeast (Bar Harbor, Maine) in late September 2019, and no everything is on hold. We would like to go to Jackson Hole, Wy in October if KOA campgrounds are open and safe.

Be safe. Jim
Hi Jim
Bar Harbor to say nothing of the rest of the state is beautiful. We lived in Maine for about 12 years in our 20's.
For about 5 years we lived on an island 3 miles out in the Atlantic. Nothing like 20 below 0 with a 60 mile an hour wind. Good thing we were young and foolish.
One of the trips we hope to do is up through the Canadian Maritimes.

There are endless possibilities and not enough time.

Brad
brad225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Brad, thanks for the weather tip for Jackson. We will have to move our travel plans to September. Our visit to Bar Harbor also included the boat ride to Little Cranberry island. That would be quite the adventure to winter there.

We just made reservations at the KOA in Ft. Collins, CO for the last week of July. We just need a short getaway in the RV. We tow a Wrangler TJ, so hope to do some jeeping day trips.

Be safe. Jim
BikingKC is offline   Reply With Quote