Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Total Newbie - New Rig / New To Site

Greetings All,

Thank you for allowing us to join. My wife and I pick up our 2021 Winnie Vista 29v on April 2nd. Let the journeys begin. We are TOTAL newbies. Live just south of Boston, MA. Glad to be a part of Winnie Owners. Will most likely need and rely on your advice, instructions, and recommendations. Handy, I am NOT, not in the least but excited to learn.

Thank You All
Jim and Bonnie
Jimmimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the adventure because that's what it is. We've been at it with a motor home for over twenty years now, and each trip I learn something new.
Don't be afraid to get out there and have fun.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmimac View Post
Greetings All,

Thank you for allowing us to join. My wife and I pick up our 2021 Winnie Vista 29v on April 2nd. Let the journeys begin. We are TOTAL newbies. Live just south of Boston, MA. Glad to be a part of Winnie Owners. Will most likely need and rely on your advice, instructions, and recommendations. Handy, I am NOT, not in the least but excited to learn.

Thank You All
Jim and Bonnie
Welcome to the club. We picked up our 29V last June,and have put about 7500 miles on it. Do a bunch of research on the essentials for the Class A, and the way you intend to use it.

Great resource here, search and ask questions.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Welcome! This a great forum, lots of great people and good info. If brand new, make sure the dealer gives you a good walk through and explains the various systems to you. It can be overwhelming at first but if patient they aren’t too bad to figure out. I’m not too handy either, but you’ll find you pick up stuff fast. (I joke the best tool in my RV toolbox is my Visa Card)

Lastly, let the questions fly, remember we were all new to this once so don’t be shy!
Old 02-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to many journeys and sharing them with the group and hearing about your memorable times also.
Jimmimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We too currently bought a 2021 Vista 29v on March 1st 2021. We originally had a Mercedes Sprinter Class C. We typically boondock 99.5 percent of the time and have spent the majority of the time setting it up to do so. The new suspension on the 2021 Vista is absolutely amazing. I had to add a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer after one adventure with high winds which almost left me off the road. I ditched the Group 24 65ah batteries and purchased 2 31m 105ah agm's, put 455 watts of solar on the roof. Replaced the 200cfm Maxxair fans in the kitchen and bedroom with the Maxxair Deluxe K7500 (900cfm). Added a WeBoost Rv Reach Drive cellular extender. I hooked up a Smart DVD player above the stairs and attached it to the Satellite feed which is connected to all 3 TV's. Roku Sticks on all TV's. I have always carried a 2500 watt generator with me which runs on 1 gallon of gas up to 8 hours and will run one 13.5 AC. Since I have two 13.5 AC's I purchased a combiner cable and connect my honda 2000 and my westinghouse 2500 watt generator, which will run both AC's. I love the floor plan, and it handles much better than my class C. If you have any questions please reach out.
A
gmulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Jim & Bonnie -

Saw your post. Saying hello as we're from Mass -metro-west Boston. Like you new to the RV-thing with a towable trailer.

Michelle & Quincy
Quichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags