Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile Slide Out Seals

Hello Everyone.

I’m a new member and a new to me 2005 Winnebago Journey 39K Owner. I consider myself technically inclined and prefer to DIY/FIX expected do preventative maintenance on anything I own (within my skills & abilities) rather than having it held hostage at a repair shop. 🤗🤗

Looks like I need to replace the bottom seal of the “Galley Slide”. I’m also looking to in the very near future, replace the wipe seal on the sides on all three slides (small leak in one bottom corner of bedroom slide).

I appears that the slide wipe seals are not as complicated to replace as the slide bottom seal. I’ve searched YouTube videos but didn’t find anything helpful. Any advice/assistance for me to take on this task (and keeping it out of the repair shop) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DRE...
FLHTK 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This may help:
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...eal-50246.html

By the way I found this by using the Google search box at the top of the forum page.

It's a much better way to search than the forum search function. Essentially it inserts the generic Google site-specific search text into your browser's address bar. In this case Google inserted: slide seal replacement site:winnieowners.com into the address bar. It resulted in a number of hits including the one above.

(I like the idea of using a garage door seal for the bottom seal. It would be much cheaper if it works.)

Did you know that you can include your rig's year/model/floor plan in your signature (see mine) so you don't have to enter in every time you post?
BobC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

BobC

Thanks for the link and the tips. I don’t think the bottom of my bedroom slide looks like the one in the picture on that thread but..... I’ll have to double check. Seems like everyone has that pesky bedroom slide leak.

I’ll search the forum using the google search to see if there’s anything for replacing the bottom seal on the Galley Slide (passanger side).

Thanks again for the help.

DRE...
FLHTK 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slide, slide out