Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Second RV

I was amazed at how positive people were regarding their Trends. We have had nothing but problems and have started the process under teh "lemon law"
Most things have been repaired but then something else breaks. The latest was a flood when I filled the fresh water tank DURING OUR MAIDEN VOYAGE. We had to stay at hi end places with showers etc. Now there is a problem that teh dealer claims there is notfix. Even with all tanks empty our headlights blind on coming drivers. This is dangerous but our dealer All Seasons and Marine in Bend OR. just flippantly claimed there is no adjustment. I guess their expectatiion is that we limit our driving to daylight. Anyone else had so many problems?
Trashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having problems with your new Trend; is that built on the Ram Promaster chassis? If so, a Google search returned these hits on adjusting your headlights... https://www.google.com/search?q=head...firefox-b-1-ab
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

headlights

thanks for the link. I guess I will take it to Ram. At least they want to help. I asked the Customer No Svc guy at Winnie how they could let a rig go out with headlights aimed at the sky? He said "we build them in daylight" If this and all of our other problems are any indication this will be the last Winnie we ever buy.
What about the dripping galley faucet. They claim that 10-12 drips is normal after teh water system is pressurized. SVC EXPLANATION; WATER CONTINUES TO DRIP BECUASE AERATION SCREEN HOLDS BACK SO MUCH WATER AND THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE FOR WATER TO GO AFTER FAUCET HAS SHUT OFF" .
I realize this is no biggie but I am interested in what others may be doing beyond placing a rag whihc I forget most of the time.
ALSO: Many of the items holding things in place had LESS than half the screws they needed. I understand that manufactureres have lines compete against each other for bonuses etc but the dealers response was rediculous. He handed me a bag of screws. AND THIS WAS ONE OF THE OWNERS. I told my neighbor and he drove 100 miles to get an RV dealer with a better reputation. Glad for this place that I can vent and for the hints. LASTLY: as we have brought this thing back over and over teh service mgr said to us "you guys sure are picky, arent you?" WTF? You spend 100k on a rig which has a laundry list of issues and we have to fight them to get it right.
The windshield clearly was exposed to a sandstorm. WE had to fight them to replace it. They wanted to polish it. Ya, nice wavy lines. This is the perfect example of how teh Japanese and Germans took over the automobile market here. They made a really decent product. Wait till Germans export RVs here. I will be the first in line!
Trashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Well, that's absurd about the dripping faucet; not a single faucet on our RV drips at all when the water is turned off. I must say, that dealership sounds like the problem... have you contacted Winnebago Customer Support at all?

Not that it matters to you, but I think you will hear the exact same stories with every single RV manufacturer nowadays. They can barely keep up with demand so they have units rolling off the assembly with all types of problems.

It's necessary to have mechanical ability and just take care of many things yourself instead of the never-ending aggravation of dealing with an uncaring service department. Good luck to you and I hope everything gets fixed to your satisfaction.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote