Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Propane hookup

I have a 2016 Sightseer and am staying in a park in AZ for the winter it has been getting cold at night so I have had to use the furnace. I was talking to a guy that said he has seen where people hookup an outside tank so I wouldn't have to pull up stakes just to go fill up my tank. If someone can clue me in on the fittings I would need I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There are several options, but I think the Camco "extend-a-stay" is the best known.

Camco Propane Brass 4 Port Tee- Comes with 5ft and 12ft Hoses, Allows for Connection Between Auxiliary Propane Cylinder and Propane Appliances (59123)

Lot's of videos on youtube showing how to connect and use.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Easy self install in short time.....No special tools needed.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have2007 Tour the propane tank is in the center belley of the RV I have a line that is extended to one of the slides with a cutoff to hook up propane accessories. Since I have to crawl under the slide to get to the tank can a extended stay be added I am not seeing a manual turn off valve I have an electric switch to turn off the propane while fueling it. Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-03-2020, 01:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

How about calling the local propane company and see if they will come to you and fill your on board tank. At a local campground here in WA, we see the truck every Tuesday, making the rounds.
NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I would start with the CG office and ask if they know of any supplier. It takes a special hose valve connection to fill motorhomes. Not the same as a tank on a grill or 5th wheel tank. Also in some states it takes a special certification to fill motorhomes.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I don't have any outside gas appliances. If I get the T and the hose do I need to have an additional regulator from Aux tank to RV tank or does the RV tank regulator take care of it?
95winnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:33 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Any propane setup has a couple items to keep in mind on the reg. Each line is high pressure before the reg and low after, so you want one and only want one reg cutting the pressure for any specific item. So if you put a tee before the existing reg, it will be feeding high pressure to the new connection and that means some form of reg there. If you add a tee after the reg, then no reg at the new point. So think of what grill, etc is used at the end and set up to match the item used. Some grills have a reg onboard while others do not. Just knock the pressure down one time or it is likely to not be enough pressure to let the grill work very well.
If adding the connection to let you use gas from a portable tank instead of the permanent, add the tee before the reg and turn one tank on at a time to avoid draining both but the single reg is all that is needed.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:18 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Tags
propane