Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Picking up NTM 1700BH Tomorrow

Looking forward to coming to the Dark side - former Popup owner looking forward to quicker setup, and a shower, of course. Any ideas where I can get in Memorial Day weekend around Minnesota?
Strikeouthhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikeouthhh View Post
Any ideas where I can get in Memorial Day weekend around Minnesota?
Good luck with that. In our experience over the past few years everything is booked up from Thursday until Monday. And many campers make a week of it.

What we do is either book months in advance OR plan to be home no later than the Thursday before. Yeah, I know, not very inventive.

For example, we're leaving on a 4-week trip to New Mexico on May 1st. I started planning late and totally forgot about Memorial Day so we didn't do the "book early" thing. We searched high and low for places on our route that we could still get into and just couldn't find anything. So, we're now coming home on Friday the 27th even though we'd have liked to stay out and travel for another week.

Best of luck with the new TT AND Memorial Day!!