Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Our first Winnie

Hi. Thank you for letting me join this group. We just recently bought a 30 ft Spyder toyhauler. We absolutely loved the layout. We live in Arizona, we are retired with 2 dogs and a 8 1/2 year old granddaughter we take with us sometimes. We have a Polaris Ranger and love to go out exploring with it once we get to a campground or forest. We are finding that the Ranger barely fits in the toy hauler and the steep ramp makes it extremely hard to put it in on the 1st try. We bought this toy hauler at a great discounted price and we were so sure the Ranger would fit easily...well it fits...but there is nothing easy about it going in there..lol. If anyone has advice as to how to lessen the grade of the ramp without permanently attaching anything I would love to hear your ideas.
deblohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome I have seen people use ramps that go up the toy hauler ramp with some blocks to make it easier. It seems to work but have to make sure nothing slips while loading or you will be in deep dodo.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, yeah we are looking into a couple thing...including wedges we could add at the bottom, and how to temp attach them, so they stay put when we are loading. Also looking into a light set of extra ramps, to extend it and ease the steep grade. Thanks for the response
Old 08-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Consider jacks to raise the ramp end once the vehicle is fully on it? Since it is a pretty light load as jacks go, something manual with a long lift might be a place to go. A farm jack, perhaps?
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...MaAhOnEALw_wcB
I would want it placed under a metal edge where a bolt could be dropped through to prevent the lip from slipping out.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I know nothing about toy haulers and their equipment.

However, aren't small 12 volt powered portable winches available that could be temporarily attached to a point on the front of the Polaris Ranger and an anchor point somewhere inside the toy hauler?

This seems like a pretty straight-forward way to load a Ranger.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Actually, we thought about that, but the ranger weighs about 1400 lbs...there is no place inside the toy hauler that will handle the weight of pulling the ranger in. If we bolt or weld to the frame (even if that is possible) it would void our warranty.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That's actually not a bad idea...never thought of that. My only concern with that, would be the stress on the toy hauler door, with the jacks raising, and the ranger on it. But I'm thinking, maybe a piece of plywood between the door and the jacks might make that a little stronger? What do you think? The other problem with that, now that I'm thinking about it, is as steep as the door is, how would I get the jacks to even raise it. Only a edge would even be touching the door. Hmmm...gotta think on that...lol...thanks!