Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie with a Minnie 2327TB Travel trailer

Hi;
Newbie here.
First Post
First RV, Winnebago Mini 2327TB
For that matter first truck.
I wanted to say how helpful this forum has been in particular threads on installing backup cameras. I told a friend that I didn’t want to buy a backup camera because of the cost. He pointed out I had just spent about 40k on the trailer and you don’t want to spend another couple of hundred more on a camera to help protect your investment; the next day I purchased a Haloview MC7108 and installed it today.

rajron
rajron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Rajron,
I totally agree that having a backup camera is a must! It is not just the cost of the damage, but the potential to ruin a vacation as well.
That 2327 Twin Bed is a very spacious trailer. Did you opt for the Dinette, the Theater Seating, or the Sofa?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-21-2022, 05:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi;
We got the chase lounge, not shown in the picture above, it extends on the left side of couch- we find the Minnie more than adequate and feel lucky to have so much room in a relatively small space.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hello. If you are still following this thread just want to know your thoughts after some time with the 2327 tb. I put a deposit down on one during the Cleveland RV show. I am a fan of the twins.
bob h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 06:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi;

We love our travel trailer.
I wanted a smaller trailer but the wife said no. I wanted a smaller trailer because I wanted a smaller truck, as it is the F 150 is large in my eyes but really the minimum for pulling the Minnie and what she wanted in a trailer so we settled with the 2327TB and a F 150.
It turns out it is a great size for us and for what we want in a trailer. After adding shocks to the trailer and Sumo springs to the Truck pulling is not an issue. We opted for the TB because we think it offers the best space, the TB can be changed to a King with minimum hassle but we elect to keep it a Twin, a little short for my legs but otherwise I sleep well on the bed as she on her side.
We don’t do boondocking and have only stayed in full hook up sites with a couple of exceptions when on the road. We are often one of the smaller trailers in the parks we go to but the space in the trailer is all we need, never wanting more, just sometimes wondering how it would be to have a 5th wheel which we will never have. We have two air conditioners, 50 amps a must in the Southwest. We replaced two of the pull-down window coverings to mini blinds, much nicer.
We are just getting into RVing we are adjusting and always changing little things. In 2023 we are booked for five trips and planning more; just waiting for the weather to change. Our trips are for around one to two weeks each. Gas mileage sucks, so far averaging 9 - 10 mpg mainly because we live in the Valley of the Sun and going anywhere except west means we need to climb out of the valley, re-adjusted my expectations and lowered my speed on the road to improve my mileage and accepted it takes a long time to get anywhere.
I just got the trailer back, three weeks ago, for warranty work (gray water tank release valves jammed – it was the routing of the release valve cables, both grays, the black was okay. There were wall panels popping out, they trimmed the panels and reattached, the two slide doors were readjusted and we added shock absorbers to the twin axels.) Cost was just for the shocks otherwise it was warranty work.

I hope you find your new trailer as great as we found ours.

Happy Trails
Old 01-11-2023, 04:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for sharing your experience. I saw a few mentions of the tank releases. Do you recall it being an issue at delivery or it just get worse over time until it finally didn't work.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi Bob;

The first gray tank, front tank, failed after 4 uses, it was immediate. The second valve failed after about 6 uses, it was immediate as well. I opened the valve to drain and when I tried to close it it wouldn't.
With both of the valves, or both of the cables I removed the plastic handled and used channel locks and hammer and tapped/rapped against the channel lock to re-open the valve, to close I just tapped the end of the cable without the plastic handle. That worked until getting it fixed.
Have not used any of the valves since the repair.

Ron
Old 01-12-2023, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

As far as the valve issues it seems like a common issue and not just with Winnebago.

Tags
newbie, travel