Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-26-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Newbie with 2013 Aspect

Hi, I’m Stella. I own. 2013 Aspect. I love camping and traveling in it. I lost my husband two years ago so I’ve started learning everything I didn’t know about it. Right now I’m cleaning the roof and going to winterize it. Any suggestions on what I should place on the roof after I clean it off? Just wax it maybe?
StellaClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Stella,
I don't think you need to wax it, as it is a robust fiberglass roof, but the soft sealant which covers the seams should be checked for voids. You can look-up what sealant is used at this link, but it probably is Sealant "B", which is #131264-03-01A. You can get this at your local Winnebago Dealership. I would not get any other product other than what Winnebago specifies.
If you have a void or an area where a tree branch has scrapped the sealant away, clean the area with rubbing alcohol, let it dry, and then apply the self-leveling sealant to repair that section of the roof. Below is a video to give you an idea of what is involved.
I always take my dog Grace with me wherever I go. She is good company.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

When it comes to winterize, the manuals are not always as good as we might like but there is a lot of info online and it can help.
Are you a person who likes to see drawings and do some looking? If so, there is a great tool:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

And plumbing specific here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

It takes a bit to learn to"drive" the first but it is interactive and you can turn things around and over to get a really good look at where things like drains and valves are located!

BAH! The system seems down at the moment, so I can't give you an example of what you can find . Check on it later, perhaps and shoot any questions if not obvious how to work through it! The info is there but not how to find it at times!!

Good luck with the the phase of life. It seems like we just have to keep adapting the what we find!
When the manual tells you to open a valve but not WHERE???
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags