Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Newbie to forum with Slide Problem '16 Aspect 30 J

Hi! My hubby and I own a 2016 Winnebago Aspect 30 J. Took our first long trip last summer for three months out West. Just home from a month long trip to the FL Keys. Great trip with only one slide issue. Can't decide if a new motor needed or out of sync. One side started going out before the other... then delayed side stopped. We got it in and left it in for the duration of the trip. Slide with sofa and kitchen. Anyway, looks like a visit to a shop in order. Other than that, we love, love our Aspect! Started with a 19' TT, then a 30' TT, next was a 42' toyhauler, now the Aspect. So great to be able to walk around while traveling. Looking forward to joining the forum. Any info on slide issue appreciated!
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome. What brand of slides do you have? I know there is a procedure to re-sync your slide motors, but I believe it is for HWH levelers. You might contact Winnebago and see if they can advise you.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Schwintek. I have watched every YouTube video to resync. No luck. I think motor out on that side but no idea how long a motor would last. I would certainly think longer than 2 years.
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure what the warranty is on Schwintek. Do you have your manuals? I agree that the motors should be good for longer than 2 years; ours have lasted for 6 already and I hold my breath every time we push the button!!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #5

All of us, other than the “RV sitters,” are bouncing an aluminum/wooden box down the road. Some of us using gravel and dirt roads. Things break during this continual 5.0 earthquake with which we subject our RVs. Take it in for repair. It’s part of the adventure.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, newbie, slide