Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2022, 07:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Newbie - Micro Minnie 2100BH

Hi there, just got my first RV in July, for now parked in a campground not far from home (Tottenham Conservation Area) and using it as my mini-cottage on weekends. Just changed the leveling lumber for the Rophor kit and I am happy with it. Ashamed of saying I haven't turned any of the gas or electric water heater on afraid of damaging it. Not sure how to fill it with water before turning it on. I am hooked to city water but my fresh water tank is empty. For now I would rather use the electric option as I am hooked up to 30 Amps. Thanks in advance!
gaustein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Gaustein,
You might review the search results on this Forum for the 2100BH. Out of the 277 results, there is much to review.
As far as your hot water tank is concerned, if you open-up a hot water tap and water is coming out, then your hot water tank is full of water and ready to heat. You should have a switch to start the propane-fired water heater.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome Gaustein,

Don’t know how far you are from your dealership. If you purchased your 2100bh new, you should have gotten a thorough and complete PDI, which takes at least an hour. Not to be rushed. It’s something you will be thankful for for years to come. Plus the PDI will reveal if one or more components may not be working properly. So if you didn’t get your PDI (you paid for it), you should seriously consider going back to the dealership for a scheduled PDI. If that’s not possible, while you’re out camping, you definitely should operate all of your components and appliances to determine if they all work properly. If they don’t, you can schedule a warranty repair before you get too far down the line.

If new, you’ll most likely have a Dometic 12v compressor fridge. You can try it at the various setting, but IMO, the best setting is performance level 1. It seems to be the best compromise between keeping the fridge very cold and using as little power as possible. You definitely want to test the hot water heater on propane. Make sure the inside valves are not in bypass position. On propane the hot water heater works very fast, and should start dispensing very hot water in less than 15 minutes. Test the microwave on microwave and convection. Finally, fill, or partially fill the fresh water tank so you can ensure the water pump is working properly. Many new owners report their water pump isn’t working properly. It’s usually because the winterizing valve wasn’t closed completely.

Have fun. There are a lot of Micro Minnie owners in the forum who are more than willing to help. If you will be active in the forum, please complete some info on your rig in the signature section of the User Control Panel (CP).
Old 08-30-2022, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Marine359,
Thanks for your information. I bought my 2100BH second hand from a dealership and I did get a walkthrough but I don't think it took more than 30 minutes, and I forgot quite a bit of what was explained. On top of that, they showed me how to put and remove the sway bars and after that we went for a drive, so in total it must have been 1 hour or so. My fresh water tank was 1/3 full when delivered but since the tap at my campground was leaking badly when open, I sometimes kept it closed and used my tank and the pump, so I know it is working, as is the High Pointe combo microwave/convection oven, in both modes. It does make sense that if water comes out of the hot water faucet, it means that the water heater is not empty. One more question though: can I fill the water tank just by sending water from the city water connection i.e. without sticking a hose in the inlet? Thanks also for your advice on the signature, I just did that.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The city water connection will send water to the water heater, as will the water pump.
You cannot send water from the city water fill to the grease water tank. To fill the grease tank, you must use the gravity fill, located curbside to the rear of entry door.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
You cannot send water from the city water fill to the grease water tank. To fill the grease tank, ...
Grease??? I'm guessing you mean FRESH? Not sure how you got Grease... twice.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ha. It was correct when I typed it. Must be a ghost in the machine.

Tags