Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie in Illinois

My name is Claudia. My companion and I just purchased a Vita 24p. My first Rv. He previously had a trailer. Looking forward to a new chapter in retirement.
Cgtrapp138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the board!
Old 06-15-2020, 11:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgtrapp138 View Post
My name is Claudia. My companion and I just purchased a Vita 24p. My first Rv. He previously had a trailer. Looking forward to a new chapter in retirement.
Hello Claudia! What do you think of your Vita so far? I am thinking of a 24F.
zilchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We finally were able to take it out for our maiden voyage. Covid-19 got in the way.
It was a good trip. Things worked well though we didn't do cooking this time. It also showed us that we need to spend some time organizing for efficiency. Pinterest and other FB groups help give tips. Was nice to not spend as much time doing setup as with the travel trailer.
Diesel engine gets 16mpg. We have 2 solar panels.

Several things to know. The radio is poor and no satellite. Our work around for now is a Bluetooth speaker playing from our cell phone.
My Android Samsung phone has been difficult to pair but my partner's iPhone paired fine.
We have an electrical problem just discovered in the Mercedes sprinter for the fuse that controls the 7pin tow connector--discovered when testing for the tow dolly we just purchased. Taking it to Mercedes service tomorrow since RV dealer can't fix it and it is under warranty. Don't know more on this and if an anomaly.
Let me know if you need more info. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

One more update: due to bolts inside back bumper we are unable to store sewer hose in it--lack of clearance for connector. Others have same issue. We store sewer hose in tote currently.
Cgtrapp138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The tow dolly sounds like it is a mismatch in the wiring on the two. Most companies use a somewhat "standard" wiring pattern but it often gets changed if they are modded by users. The connection on the Rv may have the correct pinouts listed inside the cover flap but testing will be needed as it may have been changed.
However if it is correct on the Rv, they may say it is not a warranty item to fix the trailer.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags