Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie Galore! 2022 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Hi everyone!

I just bought my first trailer ever and grabbed a 2022 Micro Minnie 2100BH. I live in Southern California and had to pick it up from Davis (near Sacramento). On the drive back, got delayed by the Grapevine being closed so my one-night trip has turned into a two-night "shakeout" trip (did I use the term correctly?) I gotta say, I really love my MM so far! The trip hasn't been without its fun challenges (e.g., learning how to get my Anderson WD hitch on and off) but it is ALL GOOD!

I wanted to post and say thank you in advance as I've already used this site to figure out solutions to some of my early challenges.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Before you get too far away from Davis, hunker down at a campsite and test (shakedown) everything in your MM. if you haven’t gone too far, it’ll be easy enough to take it back to the dealer. What you’re looking for here are warranty repair issues, not a few loose screws.
Test these important components:
Roof A/C
Furnace
Water Heater
Fridge on all settings
Slide, several times
Awning, several times
Oven and microwave
Range
Range hood
Outlets both ac and dc
Fans
Inspect tires and check pressure holding
If you can, spray water on roof and check for leaks
Full extend tongue jack
Charge and discharge battery
Check operation of dump valves
Old 12-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the heads up and for the wealth of information. Unfortunately, I'm already in Bakersfield and need to be home tomorrow for the wifey's birthday and her MM gift That said, I've tested everything on your list except for charging and fully discharging the batteries and testing all of the outlets. The latter I can check out today/tomorrow.

Thanks again for the the tips!
Old 01-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
Micro Minnie Owner

We bought our 2021 MM in March of 2021 in Ohio. On our trip to Florida found we had no hot water, electric or propane. In trying to solve the problem and many calls to the dealership they sent a mobile repair unit and found the thermal resistor had melted.
Can I say very poor design, the thermal resistor sits on top of where the propane ignitor/exhaust is. They fixed it that time and it went out 3 more times from Florida back to Vancouver, WA.
We also had the same issue as was related to the black water tank valve. When finally getting that serviced they had to replace the whole valve which included cutting open the underbelly to get to it.
I have repeatedly talked with the Dealership and have sent notes to Winnebago with no response. Any suggestions
Dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool View Post
We bought our 2021 MM in March of 2021 in Ohio. On our trip to Florida found we had no hot water, electric or propane. In trying to solve the problem and many calls to the dealership they sent a mobile repair unit and found the thermal resistor had melted.
Can I say very poor design, the thermal resistor sits on top of where the propane ignitor/exhaust is. They fixed it that time and it went out 3 more times from Florida back to Vancouver, WA.
We also had the same issue as was related to the black water tank valve. When finally getting that serviced they had to replace the whole valve which included cutting open the underbelly to get to it.
I have repeatedly talked with the Dealership and have sent notes to Winnebago with no response. Any suggestions
Is this “design deficiency” caused by Winnebago, or by the maker of the water heater. Sad to say but almost all rvs use the same components. So, this could have happened to you if you had bought a $200,000 rv. Sorry for your misfortune, but components failures will be a fact of life if you continue the rv lifestyle.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:33 PM   #6
Site Team

That's the "Thermal Cutoff". It's like a fuse. When it gets above 190 degrees it cuts off the power between the circuit board and the ECO and T-Stat. And nothing works after it blows.

When you buy a replacement cutoff, it comes with a small coil of brown wire. After I blew 4 or 5 of these I got a bit smarter and used that extra wire to move my thermal cutoff up and over - out of the way of the exhaust port.

Here's a photo of the replacement kit, showing that extra wire. Since I moved mine I've had no more problems.

Note: most folks don't have any problems with the stock design. Why I did... and you... I have no idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 10.28.02 PM.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	181613  
Old 01-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #7
Micro Minnie Owner

You are correct however it is under warranty and it i believe that the major equipment is covered under that warranty. My point is they should be responding.
Thanks for your perspective.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:55 PM   #8
Micro Minnie Owner

Thank you CreativePart. That is the best answer I have gotten.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:15 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool View Post
You are correct however it is under warranty and it i believe that the major equipment is covered under that warranty. My point is they should be responding.
Thanks for your perspective.
I think you'll find that the major systems supplied by other manufacturers are covered by their own warranties. Many of them have 2 and 3 year warranties. A Winnebago dealer is "supposed" to address issues with these but it's the 3rd party manufacturer that is liable for the repair.

Since your water heater was made and warrantied by Atwood you can go to any authorized Atwood repair shop or independent service tech. I believe it carries a 2-year warranty. This same thing goes for your refrigerator, your converter, your tires, your battery, your axle, your air conditioner, etc.

I have found it beneficial many times to skip working with Winnebago and work directly with the manufacturer. They can be much more proactive.

I understand that when an item you paid good money for is under warranty you expect the manufacturer to take care of it and right away. In my experience with RVs (I've had 5) the dealer will take care of warranty problems - not on your schedule, but on theirs. In a way they try to make it difficult and time consuming. Perhaps they do it to get you to go away and not come back. I don't know that is true but that's what it seems like.

What I've learned from these past RVs is I can dig my heels in and never get to use my RV or I can do an end around both the dealer and Winnebago. I can fix it myself. I can find another shop to fix it. I can find an independent tech to fix it. I may have to pay for a fix but I can use my RV. Some people say this just lets Winnebago and the dealer off the hook. I say I want to use my RV and don't want it sitting in a dealer's service dept waiting to be repaired.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:38 PM   #10
czw9ns

my new 2100 bh

Hi. i also bought a new 2022 MM 2100 BH in Oct of 2021. We were on the fence between the 2100 and the 2306 BH. we liked the bathroom in the 2306 but we liked the 21 foot trailer better which would fit on our drive way better. We also had an issue with the bottom bunk. Two of the wooden cross members cracked and fell down when my son slept on it. Hes 12 but about 5'9 and 240 lbs. I took it back to Kyle and the dealer had it fixed in a few days.

I also had an issue with the DVD player, I broke one of the directional vents and they took care of that also. I have had a good experience with the dealer so far. I wish they would have used a stronger wood like Oak or Walnut but this wood seems really light. Maye not for the entire coach but for the cage or frame where the bunks are would have been nice.

i emailed Winnebago if there was a kit or upgrade i could buy to reinforce the bunks area to make them stronger but they said that was not something they could sell me. my kid is only going to get bigger so i need to figure something out.

Good luck with your coach.

czw9ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:54 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Congrats OC,
Folks on the MM threads are very helpful.

Tags