Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Cool Newbie

Hi I am really excited I found this site.We will be starting our first adventure this fall in our Winnie. I do have a few questions I hope you can help me with. We have a 1996 winnie and we have two fur babies that will need to stay in the motor home sometimes when we go out if you lose shore power does the generator kick in? Or does anyone know if there is a camera system that we could purchase being new to this we would be so greatful.
Scholten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some more definite info will be helpful as we sort the question. One problem we need to get clear is which specific RV you have. Do you have thRV which is officially called "winnie" or is that just using the term for any RV by Winnebago.
Year, make, and actual model will let us understand more exactly which you have.
Not trying to make it difficult but there are so many different "winnies" that we need to clear a lot of clutter first. Sometimes it even gets down to which options and whether the RV was built early or late in the year as they made changes midyear on lots.

If this sound like info you don't have handy, there should be a label near the driver that gives lots of info of that sort.
As you go along, you will find there are many things where we need to know which chassis the RV is built on and the date is important for things on the chassis like brakes or auto parts. Sometimes the chassis is a year older than the RV portion as it was ordered by Winnebago and may set for some time before they added the coach on top.

It is not uncommon to find a 96 RV built on a 95 chassis so getting that donw in your mind may help avoid lots of parts mistakes later! Check that label to verify and tell us more exactly what you have?

This should take you to a list of the 1996 Winnebago:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

As Richard stated, it would be beneficial if you gave the information in your signature line.

In any case you can purchase a Power Failure Detector With Text Message and eMail Alerts from Amazon

You would have to have connectivity to WiFi and a means of sending the text/email messages.

I use a cheap android with hotspot and connect to Visible for $30 a month. Gives me peace of mind.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags