Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Newbie 2020 Navion 24D

Just wanted to say hello and a huge thank you to all who have posted in this forum it has provided us with so much incredibly helpful information. So far we love our new home - experienced our first "event" this weekend while attached to shore power making toast in the Convection Microwave and had a tea kettle on to boil water - unbeknownst to me we had left the AC on at 76f - I guess the combo of toast and boiling water raised the temperature enough for the AC to kick on. We were then rapidly subjected to silence followed by a really annoying beep from the Xantrex Inverter box. I had obviously overloaded the system. The Xantrex manual said to remove the load - and it would reset - I turned the breakers off for the AC, Microwave and Sockets - the E3 error code remained - I tried to clear it on the Xantrex unit with no success, turned off all the breakers, still no joy. I was then starting to get a little frantic thinking I had broken our lovely new MH on its' first weekend! I hit the internet and came across a portion of a post from this forum telling people that they had to completely remove the load by disconnecting from the batteries. I disconnected the house batteries at the main switch and we were rewarded with a microwave and tea kettle!! Success! I felt so proud of myself! So thank you to one and all - this is an enormously helpful resource - I hope that one day I may contribute. Charlie
cabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and glad you got your inverter running again. I’ve been RVing 8 years and am still “learning” new things about our RV.
Take care!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Unless you are plugged into shore power, your A/C unit is not going to come on. However, the thermostat for it works on 12V hince the "click". As you have found out, running things on the inverter can easily lead to overload or a low battery situation quickly. Use of high current appliances, like a microwave, can quickly cause exactly the situation you saw. Next time, either plug the coach in or start the generator.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags