Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie 2020 2100bh

Hello all,

Just picked up our Micro Mini today! Super excited to get going with it. We are upgrading from a pop-up because our 3 year old twins are crazy and we needed more space

I'm most intimidated by the water system in the trailer. It seems like a lot to figure out.

I am also struggling with finding an appropriate bike rack option for 2 bikes.

As soon as this pandemic passes we are going to head out to explore!

Brian
Advtwindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Brian, congrats on your Micro Minnie! Hopefully we will all be camping again soon. Until then, I think you will find this site a great resource. Take care!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advtwindad View Post
I'm most intimidated by the water system in the trailer. It seems like a lot to figure out.
Well here are some off the top of my head basics.

First, I wouldn't drink the water, no matter whether using city or tank. Just to be safe.

If using city water it's best to have a pressure reducing valve on your hose, again just to be safe.

If using the tank, you may need to be filled up to a certain extent to prime the pump. I've never run into that, but some here have reported that. I tend to leave the pump off when I'm not using water. Best not to have too much water in the tank when towing, but I like to keep enough in there so that if I end up without utilities for a night I'll be able to wash hands, flush toilet, etc.

Then there is winterizing. There are two methods, using antifreeze or blowing the system out with compressed air (low pressure--no more than 30 pounds). I tend to do both, blowing it out and then having the pump suck in a bit of antifreeze to protect it. I'm not going to go into detailed instructions on either method--you can find videos. But don't forget to put antifreeze in the drains and septic/sewer tanks, and also don't forget about that exterior shower when either blowing out or putting in antifreeze.

Then there are the brown and grey water tanks. You dump the brown before the grey so that the hose gets cleaned out a bit. Best to travel with the tanks empty if you can dump when leaving a site.

Again, just the basics, and what I thought of before finishing my first cup of coffee. Not really a morning person, so I'm sure I forgot something.

Tags