Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2023, 07:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Winnebago Owners 2021 View 24V

Hello All,
We just got a ‘21 Winnebago View 24V a couple weeks ago. Been too cold here in Iowa to do much yet. Looking forward to getting on the road this spring.
We have had (2) 27ft travel trailers and (2) 5th wheels, so not new to camping.

I’ve read on Facebook groups about adding suspension upgrades to improve handling. Would appreciate any comments and product info from members.
Storage tips and anything to keep gear quiet n the road (not used to being in same cabin as all the gear-Haha).

Jim & Cathy
North Liberty, Iowa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F5E4EAD-6E11-49A5-A0C4-289810BD849F.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	543.3 KB
ID:	185435  
Jedjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedjazz View Post
Hello All,
We just got a ‘21 Winnebago View 24V a couple weeks ago. Been too cold here in Iowa to do much yet. Looking forward to getting on the road this spring.
We have had (2) 27ft travel trailers and (2) 5th wheels, so not new to camping.

I’ve read on Facebook groups about adding suspension upgrades to improve handling. Would appreciate any comments and product info from members.
Storage tips and anything to keep gear quiet n the road (not used to being in same cabin as all the gear-Haha).

Jim & Cathy
North Liberty, Iowa
My suggestion on the suspension is try it first, and if you can't live with it as is try only one modification at a time. Personally on my Sprinter chassis RV I was expecting the worst from reading the forums but as it turned out I haven't done anything, and have not had issues. The bow wave push is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be nor have I had issues with wind although have not driven in real high winds and I stay under 65 MPH. The one complaint that most have is the violent side to side rocking when pulling out of a driveway or driving over the fuel station fill points which are elevated. This has not been an issue for us as I drive over them very slowly. Maybe it's because I drove a work van very similar to a class C for 15 years with stacked bins of small parts in the back and I got used to it, if I didn't drive slow over humps and entering/exiting driveways I had a mess to pick up in the back. I think a lot of people are used to driving passenger vehicles and they want to make their MH, which is really a 1 ton truck, drive like a car. Just remember when it comes to suspension mods everything you do is a trade off, you gain something but you also give something up. for example a stiffer stabilizer bar will lessen the "rocking" but at the same time will worsen your experience on washboard roads. If I ever decide to change anything my first go to will be rear shocks by Fox.

Tags
winnebago, view