Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Winnebago Brave Member

Hello All, We have become the owners of an abandoned Winnebago Brave but I don't know anything about it. Hoping this forum of knowledge can help us out. Thank you all!
Nyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There's lot of knowledge here and most are quite willing to try to help. So what's the plan for the old Brave? Lots of fixing and rebuild or just thinking that there are going to be things to learn?
One way to cut through lots of confusion and time wasted will be to post as much info like year, make and model of RV as you ask the first question. One reason I hate doing any business by text is the person rarely tells enough to know what is needed, so rather than make one simple phone call and get a response, they are so busy it may take six texts and four hours to get the right info!!!
Hope to hear what's up with the project!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome. I know you will find a lot of answers to your questions lots of members with great knowledge.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

If I can find out how old it is, etc. I would consider fixing it up or selling it. I guess first thing is the VIN and getting keys made for it.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Here is where I got door and bay key and blanks. https://www.lichtsinn.com/rv-parts/r...=&partNumber5=
You might give them a try at least it is a starting point.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Newer vehicles will have a label in the bottom of the front window but likely no help on older. Some will have a label inside and down near the left of the drivers seat. Various parts of the engine/transmission will have the vin but I unsure where that is. Not a big thing for me to crawl that deep!! No title on hand? That would have it and likely easier to read! Without title, bill of sale, etc. does it give you trouble to sell?
Sounds like a project!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I guess we will have to break into it somehow to find the VIN. We have no keys, title, or BOS. It has been abandoned in our tire shop property for about 12 years. Working on the process to have it declared abandoned by the DMV so we can legally take possession. We will dig deep if we have to. Thanks!

Tags
brave, winnebago