Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New to this forum 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F

Hello everyone. I go by fyreplug. My wife and I just sold our Grand Design Reflection 5th Wheel and have now moved onto a 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F. Looking forward to many trips and hopefully few issues.
What does the group have to give in advice on this model? I'll take all good and bad so I'm aware of any and all issues.
Thanks in advance on your responses.
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Fyreplug,
You can see the brochure for your 2014 Suncruiser here. The extra ½ bath is a nice feature.
There are many postings for your motorhome if you search for:
37F
As your rig is about nine years old, it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the tires are still OK, and that the batteries are relatively fresh. The V-10 engine is a great motor, but I would recommend that you run at least a 5W-30 or even better yet a 0W-40 weight oil. The old recommendation for using 5W-20 has been superseded by Ford.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 11-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I own a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37F also. My one piece of advice is don't use the electric slide locks. They rely on limit switches and if a switch fails or becomes loose the locks will probably self destruct. It IS NOT an inexpensive repair. I cut 2X4s to length and insert them on top of the large slide (one at each end), when the slide is in. I attached a large red ribbon to each 2X4, to remind me that they are in place.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Having not picked up the coach as of today, what is the length of the 2x4s for the large slide on the driver's side? Do you do this for all three slides or just the one slide?

Thanks
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:22 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

The length of the 2X4 is 18 5/8 inches. I only put them on the large driver's side slide. You can also buy adjustable jacks screw type locks, but a 2X4 is cheaper and just as effective.
https://www.amazon.com/American-Tech...%2C1895&sr=8-3
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Most important after tires and batteries is the condition of the roof sealant where the one-piece filon roof tucks into the side drip rails on the entire length of both sides of all 37+ feet.

This is a well known maintenance item that is almost always overlooked. Once this sealant fails there is very little holding down the thin sheet of fiberglass reinforced plastic that is your roof.

You may think, “So what” but there are thousands of documented cases of whole sections of the roof blowing off as people drive down the road.

Don’t put off checking this. It won’t kill you liked out of date tires, or strand you like spent batteries but it will cost you tens of thousands of dollars to rebuild your roof.

Tags
forum, itasca, suncruiser